Children throughout the state of California regularly participate in after school programs. In some cases, these programs are part of student-involved extracurricular activities. In other cases, these programs offer extended school days so that parents have somebody to watch their children until they get off work. Unfortunately, there are times when the organizers and administrators of after school programs are sexually abusive.
At Greenberg Gross LLP, we are here to help if you need a California after school program sexual abuse attorney. Our team has extensive experience investigating sexual abuse claims throughout the state, and we have the resources necessary to help you through every step of the process.
Why Choose Greenberg Gross LLP for Your After School Program Sexual Abuse Case?
- At Greenberg Gross LLP, we handle high-stakes cases. This includes going up against major schools and school districts that may seek to cover up allegations of sexual abuse.
- Our experience handling high-profile cases makes us a natural fit for representing survivors of sexual abuse.
- Our team strives to get to know every client individually so we can focus on their goals and needs during this difficult time.
- We take California after school programs sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to worry about any legal fees until we secure the compensation that they need.
How Can a California After School Program Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
The role of a California sexual abuse lawyer in these cases will be multi-faceted. First, an attorney is there to protect survivors. They can shield survivors’ identities while conducting a complete and thorough investigation into the incident. An attorney will:
- Obtain all evidence needed to prove liability.
- Work with law enforcement officials or prosecutors who may be involved in a criminal action against the perpetrator.
- Ensure the survivor is evaluated by a trusted medical and/or mental health professional who can fully assess the situation.
- Prepare to take any defendant(s) to trial to ensure the survivors receive the closure and compensation they need.
- Liability for an after school programs and sexual abuse case
Learn more about how a California after school program sexual abuse attorney at Greenberg Gross LLP can help you and your family get justice. Contact our law firm today.
Types of Sexual Abuse Perpetrated at After School Programs
According to data available from the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), we know that approximately 93 percent of all perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the survivors. Out of that total, 59 percent are acquaintances as opposed to families. Unfortunately, this often means that these abuses are committed by school staff or those involved with after school activities.
There are any number of after school activities where employees and volunteers have a chance to perpetrate sexual abuse against children. Often, adults are able to groom children in after school programs over long periods of time. After school programs focus on a variety of activities, including the following:
- Performing arts
- Creative arts
- Academic enrichment programs
- Scouting activities (Boy and Girl Scouts)
- Extracurricular clubs and activities
Sexual abuse can occur during any of these activities, and it could be committed by the activity sponsors, school employees, volunteers, or even older children in leadership positions. If you or your child has experienced sexual abuse at an after school program, speak with a qualified California after school sexual abuse attorney as soon as possible. As a survivor of sexual abuse, you may be entitled to compensation.
Contact an After School Program Sexual Abuse Lawyer in California
If you suspect that your child has been the victim of abuse in an after school program, or if you were the victim of abuse in one of these programs, contact the team at Greenberg Gross LLP today. Our compassionate attorneys will take the time to listen to your story, and we can use our resources to investigate your claim. Our goal is to secure any compensation and justice owed to you for the abuses that occurred. When you need an after school program sexual abuse attorney in California, reach out to our team immediately.