Aspiring musicians should never have to worry about suffering sexual abuse. Unfortunately, we too often hear about young artists who face sexual abuse when they try to get their foot in the door. We also know that musicians themselves may abuse and take advantage of those around them, and some record labels protect such artists from accountability.
At Greenberg Gross LLP, our team is here to help if you want a California music industry sexual abuse attorney. We have the resources necessary to investigate these claims and help survivors pursue maximum compensation and justice for what they’ve endured.
Why Hire Greenberg Gross for Your Music Industry Sexual Abuse Claim?
- The music sexual abuse lawyers at Greenberg Gross offer compassionate legal representation to survivors of sexual trauma in their time of need.
- Our team has significant experience handling complex sexual abuse cases, and we strive to hold corporations and individuals accountable for their actions.
- We take California music industry sexual abuse cases on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that our clients will not face any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
How Can a California Music Industry Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
It is incredibly difficult for sexual abuse survivors to take on the music industry by themselves. A sexual abuse attorney in California will be an invaluable resource who can help level the playing field. A lawyer will:
- Conduct a complete investigation into your allegations.
- Coordinate with law enforcement officials and prosecutors who may be working on a criminal case related to the allegations.
- Help ensure that the survivor’s identity remains hidden from the public, if they so desire.
- Work with trusted medical and mental health professionals who can help you heal and calculate your total damages.
Learn more about how a California music industry sexual abuse lawyer can help with your sexual abuse claim by contacting Greenberg Gross today.
Our Team Will Pursue Financial Recovery for Your Abuse-Related Hardships
While the other party may face criminal charges, the outcome of that case will not award damages. Our team is focused on pursuing financial justice for what you need, aiming for an outcome that awards:
- Pain and suffering: You deserve financial recovery for each way the abuse has affected your life. For instance, if you developed depression, your settlement can account for this challenge. California does not cap how much you can seek for pain and suffering in these types of cases.
- Medical care related to your sexual abuse: If you required medical treatment for your abuse-related injuries, we’ll seek reimbursement for the cost of your medical care. This may include medications, testing, and a Sexual Assault Evidence Kit (if applicable).
- Counseling and rehabilitative care. You deserve access to every resource you need to address your trauma. Financial recovery can allow you to seek care from a professional treatment center or another method of your choosing. We will fight for everything you need to help put this challenging time behind you.
- Any professional damages. The music industry is a small world. You may have suffered harm to your reputation after bringing forth your allegations. Your mental health may have caused you to cancel bookings or reschedule gigs. Your financial award can account for these hardships.
- Any other negative outcomes from your abuse: Every case comes with its own set of recoverable damages. As such, you may not see the types of damages you want to pursue listed above. Our team will evaluate your situation and pursue what you need.
We will stand between you and any party that tries to marginalize your experience and offer less than you need.
Our Team Helps California Sexual Abuse Survivors on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Greenberg Gross charges clients nothing out of pocket. We pay for all case-related expenses, and we don’t receive a fee unless we get a settlement or judgment for you. This contingency-fee arrangement ensures that you get representation without straining your financial resources.
Types of Sexual Abuse That Occur in the California Music Industry
We see it on the news – every few weeks, it seems that another major music industry official or star faces allegations of sexual abuse. Often, these cases revolve around allegations made by those who said they could only break into the industry if they endured sexual abuse at the hands of those in power.
In other cases, we hear of music industry professionals protecting their investments in their artists at the expense of the victims whom they sexually assault. As California music industry sexual abuse attorneys, we know adults in the music industry may groom children into sexual relationships.
Data shows that in one out of every 10 cases of rape, eight of the survivors knew their rapists. This data holds true for all types of sexual abuse, not just rape. In fact, according to the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), 93 percent of the perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the survivor. In many cases, the perpetrator occupies a position in California’s music industry.
You May Have These Questions About Your Civil Case
As you consider your legal options, you may wonder:
Do I Have to Go to Court?
We hope to resolve your case through a settlement. That way, we can minimize public attention to your case and avoid the potential trauma of testifying. Yet, we want to keep your options open. If we can’t reach an out-of-court agreement, we may file a lawsuit and pursue the at-fault party from there.
You don’t have to navigate the judicial process by yourself. We will represent you in court, present compelling evidence, and fight for what you need. If you’re asked to testify in court, we’ll advise you on what to share.
How Long does It Take to Pursue Damages?
How long it takes to recover damages depends on your situation, including the availability of evidence and the other party’s willingness to settle. One thing’s for certain: with us on your side, you can trust that we’ll avoid any unnecessary delays or roadblocks.
What Should I Do Now?
We want you to focus on your well-being as you consider your legal options. You may consider looking at these resources for sexual assault survivors in California:
- RAINN offers a helpline for those who want to speak to a professional. RAINN can also refer you to resources in your area that meet your situation.
- Casa de la Familia. This non-profit organization offers resources to sexual assault survivors in Santa Ana, Fullerton, and Los Angeles. It also offers Telehealth services to those who want to speak with a professional.
For 24/7 support, you can also reach out to the National Sexual Assault Hotline by dialing (800) 656-4673.
Contact a Music Industry Sexual Abuse Attorney in California
If you or somebody you love has suffered sexual abuse at the hands of a California music industry professional, contact an attorney at Greenberg Gross as soon as possible. Our compassionate team has experience handling high-profile cases, and we understand what it takes to protect you throughout this process.
We can investigate your allegations, prove liability, and secure the justice and compensation you deserve. When you want a California music industry sexual abuse lawyer, contact our team today.