When you or someone you care about has injuries because of someone else’s actions, you can file a claim against the at-fault party. People have a duty to act responsibly and keep others around them safe. When they breach that duty and you sustain injuries, you could hold them accountable.
A Bakersfield personal injury lawyer from Greenberg Gross can fight for you to recover compensation. We offer compassionate legal services to those injured in accidents. You deserve to have a strong legal advocate during this difficult time. We understand the stress an injury can cause. Our attorneys want to help decrease your stress and make seeking compensation a smooth process.
How Much Could I Recover Through a Personal Injury Claim in Bakersfield?
Every personal injury claim has a unique set of circumstances. Therefore, our attorneys can’t inform you how much you could recover until we review your damages. Recoverable damages compensate you for the losses you endured because of your injuries.
When our personal injury attorneys in Bakersfield begin reviewing your damages, we can calculate their estimated value. Once we calculate their estimated value, we can more accurately evaluate how much compensation you could recover through your claim.
Examples of damages you could recover through a claim include:
- Medical bills: You could face an intense financial burden because of the cost of medical care. By seeking compensation for your medical bills, you could avoid going into debt. Medical bills could include the costs of any accident-related care you received, such as doctor’s visits, surgeries, diagnostic tests, or medications.
- Lost income: You might have to spend time off work because of your injuries. During this time, you could lose income, retirement contributions, and healthcare benefits. Through your claim, you could seek compensation for all of the monetary losses you sustained because you couldn’t work.
- Other expenses: Injuries can cause other expenses unrelated to medical care or lost income. For example, you could have to buy a new car if yours was destroyed in the accident. Also, you might have to renovate your home to accommodate wheelchair access or pay for childcare or housekeeping services while receiving medical treatments. You could include all these losses in the compensation you seek in your claim.
- Pain and suffering: It’s common to experience physical pain after sustaining an injury. We could seek compensation for the pain you must endure.
- Emotional anguish: If you now deal with emotional anguish because of your injuries or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) because of the accident, our attorneys can help you seek compensation for dealing with these issues.
When we review your damages, we can collect evidence to confirm you sustained these damages. Without evidence, the responsible party could refuse to pay you for your losses. Our Bakersfield personal injury attorneys know how to build a strong case to prove you deserve compensation for your damages.
The Bakersfield Personal Injury Attorneys at Greenberg Gross Can Advocate for You
At Greenberg Gross, we advocate aggressively for our clients. You deserve compensation when someone else injures you. Our legal team can build a case to help you fight for that compensation. We can help you seek justice after the responsible party’s actions caused your injuries.
Our firm has been helping people recover compensation for injuries since 2013. This experience has given us the knowledge to know how to deal with opposing counsel and negotiate fair agreements. We also know how to build a strong case and what evidence we need to prove our clients’ claims.
Our personal injury attorneys in Bakersfield can defend you against aggressive legal counsel. We have handled very complex cases and navigated many issues. When you hire our firm to take on your personal injury case, you can expect us to work tirelessly on your behalf.
Proving Liability in a Bakersfield Personal Injury Case
To recover compensation in a personal injury case, you must prove the responsible party’s actions caused your injuries. To do so, you must prove the following four elements of negligence:
- They owed you a duty of care: The at-fault party must have had a responsibility to maintain the health, safety, and well-being of others—for example, providing safe conditions on a property or driving safely in a vehicle.
- They breached their duty of care: The responsible party failed to meet an applicable standard of care. For example, a driver drove recklessly, putting other vehicles around them in danger.
- An accident happened because of the breach: We’ll aim to prove that the accident would not have happened if the responsible party had not breached their duty.
- You sustained damages: You sustained economic and non-economic damages due to the accident. Examples of damages you could have incurred include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional anguish, and other costs associated with your injuries.
Per CCP § 335.1, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. Building a case proving these elements could take us time. It’s helpful to contact our firm soon after your accident to ensure we have enough time to build your case.
Start Working with a Bakersfield Personal Injury Lawyer Today
After an accident, you might think you can handle your claim yourself. If you or someone you love sustained injuries, a Bakersfield personal injury attorney can handle your case. At Greenberg Gross, we can provide the strong legal representation you deserve. We will investigate your case, identify the liable party, build a case against them, and negotiate for a fair settlement.
Our legal team can stand by your side. Contact us today to speak with us in a free consultation. We can listen to your concerns, hear about how your injuries have impacted your life, and inform you of your legal options moving forward.