Religious institutions and their leaders are supposed to be bastions of light in society, a place where people can go for comfort and moral guidance. Unfortunately, there are times when clergy members make a choice to sexually abuse children. This is a problem that is widespread throughout every type of religious institution in California.
At Greenberg Gross LLP, our team is here to help when you need a California religious institution sexual abuse attorney. We have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case and help ensure you receive the compensation you need.
Why Hire Greenberg Gross LLP for Your Religious Institution Sexual Abuse Case?
- At Greenberg Gross LLP, our sexual abuse lawyers in California have tried over 100 cases before juries, judges, and arbitrators.
- We handle every religious institution sexual abuse case as if it will go to trial. This gives us an advantage when going up against the alleged perpetrators of the sexual abuse.
- Our attorneys offer top-tier legal representation to survivors of sexual abuse because we understand that they need skilled assistance in their time of need.
- We take California religious institution sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our religious institution sexual abuse attorneys will not collect any legal fees until we obtain the compensation our clients need.
How Can a California Religious Institution Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
Having a skilled California religious institution sexual abuse attorney by your side can significantly increase your chances of success. A lawyer can use their resources to obtain evidence, identify liability, and help build a sexual abuse case on your behalf. An attorney will understand all of the laws related to the case, including the new time frames set forth to file a claim under AB 218. Specifically, an attorney can:
- Identify any defendant(s)
- Gather evidence needed to prove liability
- Develop your narrative
- Establish and fulfill the burden of proof
- Hire experts and subpoena witnesses
- File all necessary paperwork and prepare the case for trial
Who Is Liable for Religious Institution Sexual Abuse?
Sexual abuse within religious institutions is an unfortunate reality that is pervasive. In a sexual abuse case against a religious institution, there may be multiple parties who could be held liable. Most certainly, the perpetrator of the sexual abuse can be held liable. This can include any person within the institution who committed the abuse, including priests, deacons, church volunteers, and youth leaders.
Additionally, California religious institution sexual abuse attorney may pursue compensation from other parties who should have prevented the abuse or reported the abuse after it was discovered. This can include:
- Other members of the clergy
- Other religious institution staff members
- The church
- The institution’s governing body
If it is discovered that a religious institution contributed to the sexual abuse, failed to prevent abuse from occurring, or covered up known allegations of abuse, they can also be held liable in a civil claim filed by a survivor.
Contact a Religious Institution Sexual Abuse Attorney in California Today
If you or somebody you care about has been the victim of sexual abuse committed by a member of a religious institution in California, turn to the team at Greenberg Gross LLP today. We have the resources necessary to conduct a complete and thorough investigation into the allegations. Our goal is to hold the perpetrator of the abuse and any other party responsible for the abuse accountable for their actions. When you need a religious institution sexual abuse lawyer in California, contact our team today.