The Girl Scouts of America is supposed to be an organization where young girls and young women go to develop leadership skills and character. Unfortunately, there have been far too many instances of sexual abuse perpetrated against girls in this organization. At Greenberg Gross LLP, our team is standing by to help when you need a California Girl Scouts sexual abuse attorney. If you or your loved one has been abused by a scout leader or a Girl Scout volunteer, we will work diligently to obtain justice and compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose Greenberg Gross LLP for Your Girl Scouts Sexual Abuse Case?
- Greenberg Gross LLP has a track record of success standing up to the perpetrators of sexual abuse, including major institutions like the Girl Scouts of America.
- We are ready to take on high-stakes cases, and we have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into your claim in order to prove liability.
- We handle every case as if it will go to trial, which allows us to fully prepare for any scenario pertaining to a sexual abuse case.
- We take all California Girl Scouts sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will only pay legal fees after we obtain the compensation to which they are entitled.
How Can a California Girl Scouts Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
It is crucial to have a dedicated California Girl Scouts sexual abuse attorney by your side when making claims of sexual abuse against the Girl Scouts of America. The Girl Scouts are a well-funded organization, but your lawyer will be your advocate and level the playing field with the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into the incident. Your California sexual abuse lawyer can:
- Use the firm’s resources to uncover the liability of any party involved, including the perpetrator of the abuse as well as the Girl Scouts organization.
- Ensure that you understand all of the laws related to sexual abuse as well as the statute of limitations, or time limits for filing, in California child sexual abuse cases.
- Handle negotiations and communication with other parties involved so that you do not have to.
- Be ready, if necessary, to take your case to trial, to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Liability in California Girl Scouts Sexual Abuse Cases
Liability for Girl Scouts sexual abuse cases can fall onto multiple parties. This could include the perpetrator of the abuse as well as the entire Girl Scouts of America organization, particularly if it is shown that the organization reasonably could have taken steps to prevent the abuse from occurring.
According to data available from the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), approximately one out of every five girls in the United States is sexually abused before the age of 18. Within the Girl Scouts organization, this type of sexual abuse can occur at various locations, including the following:
- Overnight sanctioned scouting events
- Sanctioned or unsanctioned sleepovers
- Other Girl Scout-related events
If you or your child was sexually abused while attending any of the aforementioned events, speak with a California Girl Scouts sexual abuse lawyer at Greenberg Gross LLP as soon as possible to learn your legal rights.
Contact a Girl Scouts Sexual Abuse Attorney in California Today
If you or somebody you love is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse perpetrated by a member of the Girl Scouts organization, contact the team at Greenberg Gross LLP for help immediately. Our skilled California Girl Scouts sexual abuse lawyers will conduct a complete investigation into your case, so we can determine liability and help you secure the justice and compensation to which you are entitled. We have the resources and experience necessary to stand up to well-funded organizations and protect your legal rights. Call us anytime or contact us online to schedule your free case consultation.