Sexual abuse causes a unique kind of trauma. The civil justice system in California allows victims of sexual abuse to seek justice for their damages. A San Jose sexual abuse lawyer from Greenberg Gross will work to hold liable parties accountable for your mistreatment.
These cases are extremely sensitive. Our firm handles sexual abuse cases regularly, so we know how to lead your case appropriately. We’ll lead the legal process for you.
What You Should Look for in a San Jose Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Sexual abuse cases are unlike any other. These cases involve heinous acts, and victims often have trauma that lasts for a lifetime. It is important that your lawyer:
- Has previous experience with sexual abuse cases: Relevant experience is always a benefit in civil legal cases. Greenberg Gross counts sexual abuse cases among our primary practice areas. We know how defendants might fight against a claim, what losses victims like you suffer, and generally what to expect from a case like yours.
- Has abundant compassion for your circumstances: It’s not always easy for a sexual abuse victim to acknowledge their abuse, let alone take legal action. Once you take the step towards seeking justice, you deserve a law firm that handles your case with the utmost compassion. Greenberg Gross will.
- Has a record of successful case results: Our firm has won recoveries for many clients. We can tell you about relevant case results during your free consultation.
- Will do what is in your best interests every time: Our firm puts your interests above all else. You will have the final word in settlement offers and other case-related decisions.
You should also consider a law firm’s fee structure. At Greenberg Gross, our attorneys only get an attorney’s fee if they get a financial recovery for you. That means you pay nothing out of pocket, and we get a percentage of your recovery—but we must secure that recovery first.
What to Expect from the Greenberg Gross Client Experience
As a law firm that fights for survivors of sexual abuse, expect a team that is:
- Knowledgeable about civil case law, especially when it comes to sexual abuse
- Ready and willing to overcome the toughest of circumstances
- Determined to get the financial recovery you deserve
- Behind you completely
We prioritize the client. You’ll have your attorney’s phone number, and they will be available when you need them. We’ll also update you every time circumstances in your case change.
Greenberg Gross would not exist without our clients, and we never forget this. A San Jose sexual abuse lawyer from our firm will fight for the justice you deserve.
No Matter the Details of Your Abuse, We’re Able to Help
Over the years, our firm has heard countless tragic stories of sexual abuse. We’ve molded our practice areas to fit the needs of every abuse victim, and we handle cases involving:
- Religious institution sexual abuse
- Coach and athletic trainer sexual abuse
- Public school sexual abuse
- Private school sexual abuse
- All other instances of sexual abuse and misconduct
Recoverable Damages in a San Jose Sexual Abuse Case
The ripple effects of sexual abuse can spread throughout a victim’s life. While we make no assumptions about your case, we know that losses from your abuse could include:
- Emotional and psychological pain: Sexual abuse is one of the greatest violations of trust and may be a great source of pain for the victim. You may develop depression, self-image problems, suicidal thoughts, and other types of pain and suffering because of your abuse.
- Physical injuries: Sexual abuse can also harm you physically. Such injuries may cause a variety of issues, especially if the symptoms of injury are permanent.
- Financial hardship: Abuse can lead to medical bills, counseling and medication costs, and other direct expenses. The psychological effects of abuse may make it difficult to work, causing even more financial stress.
- Personal difficulties: It may be more difficult for a victim of sexual abuse to maintain a romantic relationship, either because of trust issues or other reasons. You may also have a high risk of substance abuse or other destructive behaviors.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains that these are all realistic outcomes for an abuse victim, in San Jose or elsewhere. Our team will identify every way in which your abuse has affected you.
The Greenberg Gross Team Will Lead Every Step of Your Case
You may hire Greenberg Gross because you can’t or don’t want to deal with the legal process. We pride ourselves on helping victims like you and will handle every step of the legal process for you.
While each case in San Jose is different, an attorney from our firm may:
- Identify liable parties: Whether it is the abuser, an enabler, or another party, we’ll identify everyone liable for your abuse.
- Collect evidence: Evidence in a sexual abuse case may include medical records, witness testimony, expert testimony, and other resources that help prove your case.
- Document your losses: We’ll obtain testimony from medical and mental health professionals who can testify to your abuse-related symptoms. We may also gather proof of abuse-related disability and any other documentation supporting your lawsuit in San Jose.
- Calculate your settlement value: After hearing about the human side of your case, we’ll have to calculate the cost of your damages.
- Negotiate a settlement: Liable parties may agree to settle, providing you the financial recovery you deserve without going to court.
- Take your case to trial, if need be: If we need to, the Greenberg Gross team will take your case to trial. Though this is not generally necessary, we will go to court if it is in your best interests.
You can focus on your recovery and life as you know it. We’ll lead the legal process for you.
Call Greenberg Gross Today for a FREE Consultation About Your Santa Clara County Case
A San Jose sexual abuse attorney from Greenberg Gross is ready to help you today. Don’t wait to call, as we may have a brief time to file your case.
Call Greenberg Gross now for your FREE consultation.