Catastrophic injuries can tremendously impact your life. You may be dealing with the painful consequences of your injuries, the critical fallout of financial losses, and the severe emotional trauma related to the accident that caused your injuries.
Fortunately, when someone else is responsible, you can seek to hold them accountable by pursuing a personal injury claim or lawsuit. However, the process can be daunting. A Glendale personal injury lawyer at Greenberg Gross could help you determine your next steps and get the most out of your claim.
What Types of Accidents Qualify for Personal Injury Claims?
Many types of accidents or incidents may qualify you for compensation via a personal injury claim or lawsuit, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boat accidents
- Bus accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Workplace accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
If you were involved in another type of accident not listed above, that does not mean you cannot claim compensation. In general, if you suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, you may be eligible for compensation.
What Types of Injuries Qualify for Personal Injury Claims?
Almost any serious injury may qualify you for personal injury compensation. Just a few of the injuries commonly suffered by personal injury victims include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Loss of limb
- Torn muscles or ligaments
- Nerve damage
- Internal injuries
No matter what injury you experienced, we encourage you to seek a free consultation with a Glendale personal injury lawyer to determine if you have a viable case.
What Is Your Glendale Personal Injury Case Worth?
After suffering a devastating injury, it is normal to wonder how much compensation you may receive. You do not want to put significant effort into pursuing your case and not be compensated accordingly. To accurately calculate the value of your claim, your personal injury attorney in Glendale must categorize and calculate your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are financial. You can prove them with bank statements, receipts, hospital bills, and other concrete documents. Examples of economic damages you could recover in a personal injury claim include:
- Insurance premium expenses
- Costs of healthcare
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Costs of property damages and vehicle repairs
Non-economic damages are often more difficult to prove, since they do not have an obvious financial value. Your attorney could use the multiplier or per diem method to calculate the value of your non-economic damages.
Since accidents impact each person’s life differently and in various ways, the value of victims’ non-economic losses can vary widely. Examples of non-economic damages awarded in Glendale personal injury claims include:
- Diminished quality of life
- Skin scarring and disfigurement
- Humiliation and indignity
- Reputational damages and shame
- Inconvenience and embarrassment
- Chronic pain and physical suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
The Deadline to File a Glendale Personal Injury Lawsuit
Many people procrastinate starting a personal injury claim in Glendale. After everything you have been through, the last thing you may be thinking about is filing a claim with the insurance company or fighting to have your case heard in court. However, you should take action as soon as possible on your personal injury claim.
According to California’s personal injury statute of limitations (CCP § 335.1), you must file your personal injury lawsuit within two years. If the statute of limitations is approaching rapidly or you are unsure how much longer you have to pursue your case, your personal injury attorney in Glendale can provide you with answers.
Benefits of Working With the Glendale Personal Injury Lawyers at Greenberg Gross
Working with Greenberg Gross allows you to heal from your injuries while a legal professional focuses on building your case. Some of our most important responsibilities in handling your Glendale personal injury claim will include:
- Examining the evidence in your case to prove fault and liability
- Working with accident reconstructionists, police, and expert witnesses to establish fault
- Inventorying your damages to ensure you seek compensation for every single loss
- Determining whether you have the right to file a claim with the insurance company
- Negotiating with the insurer and ensuring they assess liability accurately in your personal injury claim
- Preparing to bring your case to trial and presenting the evidence before a judge and jury, if necessary
These are just a few important elements of the personal injury claims process in Glendale. Our team will handle every element of your case to seek the compensation and benefits that are rightfully yours.
The Glendale Personal Injury Attorneys at Greenberg Gross Put Your Needs First
Our Glendale personal injury attorneys always prioritize our clients’ needs. We will work tirelessly to recover the compensation and benefits you are entitled to. Our proven track record of success could make all the difference in the outcome of your case. Our accolades include:
- Sarah Kelly-Kilgore named to the ABA’s Elite “On the Rise” List – the Top 40 Young Lawyers in America for 2022
- Sarah Kelly-Kilgore named to Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2022 “Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Attorneys” list
- Partner Sarah Kelly-Kilgore named in the 2022 list of Legal Visionaries by Los Angeles Times Business of Law magazine
- Five Greenberg Gross lawyers honored by The Best Lawyers in America 2023
- Founding Partners Alan Greenberg and Wayne Gross named to list of Top 100 Lawyers in California
Get Help from a Personal Injury Lawyer in Glendale Today
When your injuries have consumed your life, and you do not know where to turn for help, a Glendale personal injury lawyer at Greenberg Gross could help you seek fair compensation and hold the liable party accountable.
Our firm proudly offers free consultations to injury victims across Glendale and surrounding cities. Claim yours today by calling our office or filling out our secured contact form.