At Greenberg Gross, we can help you if you or someone close to you sustained an injury because of someone else’s actions. To avoid financial problems, you may want to file a claim or lawsuit against the responsible party. An Oakland personal injury lawyer from our firm can help.
When you choose our firm to take on your case, we will take the time to understand your situation. Our legal team can work to collect evidence to support your claim. We want to ensure we have enough evidence to prove the responsible party caused your injuries. You can expect us to advocate for you throughout your case and work tirelessly to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakland Can Handle Your Case
After sustaining injuries because of someone else’s actions, you might not know your rights. When you seek legal representation from our firm, we can inform you of your rights. Therefore, the responsible party won’t be able to take advantage of you.
You can expect us to do the following throughout your case:
- Provide support: Legal issues can cause stress for anyone. When you have a trusted legal advocate on your side providing support, it can give you more peace throughout your case. Our legal team can provide that support. We understand the stress your injuries and filing a claim can cause. We can support you through the entire process.
- Handle communications: Our Oakland personal injury lawyers at Greenberg Gross can handle all communications regarding your case. Whether that includes speaking to the responsible party or scheduling your medical appointments, we can take care of it. You can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Give legal advice: If the responsible party’s insurance company makes a settlement offer, you might not understand if the value matches your case’s worth. We can provide advice on whether you should accept settlement offers. Our Oakland personal injury attorneys can also advise on other legal matters arising throughout your case.
You shouldn’t have to take on the burden of handling a case by yourself. Allow our attorneys at Greenberg Gross to help you. We can work hard to help you reach the outcome you desire.
Damages You Could Receive Through a Personal Injury Claim in Oakland
If you reach a successful outcome in your claim, you could collect compensation for your damages. At Greenberg Gross, we’ll evaluate your damages to calculate the value of your claim. We will seek compensation for both your monetary and non-monetary losses.
Monetary losses could include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-monetary losses focus more on the physical, mental, and emotional difficulties you dealt with because of the accident and your injuries. The law believes injury victims should receive compensation for these losses, even if they don’t have a direct financial value. Non-monetary losses could include:
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Sustaining an injury can take a significant toll on your life. You deserve to hold the liable party accountable by seeking compensation for your losses. When you start working with the Oakland personal injury attorneys from Greenberg Gross, we can review your damages. After reviewing your damages, we can provide an estimated value of your case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Lawyers Handle in Oakland
Many different types of accidents can cause you to sustain an injury. At Greenberg Gross, we handle several types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
When you get hurt in any of these types of accidents, we can help. Our attorneys can investigate the accident and gather evidence to prove who caused your injuries. We can also advise you of the statute of limitations deadline in California. CCP § 335.1 states you generally have two years to file a lawsuit after an accident. Our legal team can work hard to settle with the responsible party before the deadline approaches.
Injuries You Could Sustain Because of the Responsible Party’s Actions
The injuries you could sustain in an accident could leave you dealing with long-term issues. Because of the issues you could face, it’s important to fight to hold the responsible party accountable. The costs of an injury can climb quickly. Without filing a claim, you could end up in debt.
Injuries you could sustain in an accident may include:
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): According to the Mayo Clinic, an injury to the spinal cord could leave you disabled for the rest of your life. You could require equipment, such as an electric wheelchair, to get around. This medical equipment could cost a lot of money. Through a claim, you could seek compensation to pay for the costs of treating an SCI.
- Head injury: Depending on the severity of your head injury, you could lose your ability to work or live independently. If you cannot work, you could seek compensation for your lost income through a claim.
- Broken bones: Breaking a bone can cause significant physical pain. You may lose the ability to work or enjoy activities you love while your broken bone heals. Our attorneys can help you seek compensation for the loss of enjoyment in your life and physical pain and suffering.
- Lacerations: A laceration, or deep cut, could also be very painful. You could require stitches and special bandaging to help to heal your injury and avoid infection. We can help you seek compensation for the medical costs and pain you go through because of a laceration.
As you can see, these injuries can cause not only physical pain, but also monetary losses. When you call on our personal injury lawyers in Oakland, you can expect us to fight for you when seeking the compensation you deserve.
Start Working with an Oakland Personal Injury Lawyer Today
After sustaining an injury, you or someone you love could deal with many financial and non-financial ramifications. Don’t allow the responsible party or their insurance company to take advantage of you. Hold them accountable.
Contact Greenberg Gross today to learn more about your legal options. Once we start your case, you can have the support and advocacy you deserve.