Each day, residents and visitors in Riverside experience preventable accidents that can result in severe and long-lasting injuries. At Greenberg Gross, we are dedicated to seeking compensation and justice for the victims of accidents or sexual and physical abuse.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury caused by another party’s negligence, our Riverside personal injury lawyer could help you pursue compensation for medical care and other losses. You do not need to face the legal process by yourself.
How a Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Pursue Compensation
Pursuing damages in personal injury cases often involves communication with potentially liable parties, including insurance companies and the individuals or entities who may be directly responsible for your injuries.
Greenberg Gross handles all the tasks associated with seeking financial compensation for personal injury victims or the survivors of loved ones lost in an accident. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigating the accident and collecting evidence
- Gathering evidence such as police reports, photos, videos, and medical records
- Interviewing and gathering statements from eyewitnesses
- Communicating with expert witnesses, such as medical specialists and accident reconstructionists
- Identifying and calculating losses
- Using evidence to determine potentially liable parties
- Communicating and negotiating with insurance companies
- Submitting your lawsuit
- Providing legal representation at trial, if necessary
Although most personal injury claims are successfully settled out of court, sometimes they go to trial. Greenberg Gross will advise you on your legal options and help you determine which option is right for you.
Personal Injury Compensation in Riverside
Individuals injured in Riverside may be eligible to claim personal injury compensation when they’ve suffered harm because of the careless actions of others. When an accident or injury can be proven as an act of negligence, you may pursue damages in a claim or lawsuit.
Recoverable damages in a personal injury case may include the following:
- Present and ongoing medical costs, including emergency treatment, surgeries, hospitalization, doctor’s appointments, prescription drugs, etc.
- In-home care and home medical equipment
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Mental health evaluation and Treatment
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity for future reduced income due to long-term or permanent disability
- Damaged personal property
- Physical injury-related pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement, scarring, and disability
- Lost life enjoyment
A Riverside personal injury attorney can help you identify your financial and personal losses and determine the damages you may be able to recover in your case.
Wrongful Death Compensation in Riverside
Certain family members who’ve lost a loved one in an accident due to another’s careless or intentional actions may be eligible to file a wrongful death case for losses related to the decedent’s passing. In California, qualifying family members may include the surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, or stepchildren.
There are other individuals that may also be eligible in some cases. If you have questions about filing a wrongful death claim, Greenberg Gross can answer them.
Riverside Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
The statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death cases is two years, per CCP § 335.1. If this deadline is not met, potential claimants may lose their right to pursue compensation for their losses. Some exceptions may alter your case filing deadline.
A Riverside personal injury lawyer from our team can explain more about how the statute of limitations applies in your case.
How a Riverside Personal Injury Attorney Proves Liability
Most personal injury cases are based on negligence, which is characterized by careless actions or inactions of another party. If these acts resulted in harm to you or a loved one, this may be grounds for a case seeking compensation for related losses. To prove negligence, the following four elements must be established:
- Duty of care: The responsible party had a duty to keep you out of harm’s way. For example, drivers owe a duty to others on the road to operate their vehicles safely and avoid committing traffic violations or causing accidents.
- Breach of duty: A party has failed to uphold their responsibility to you when their actions or inactions result in harm to a person or property. If a driver runs a red light and hits another vehicle, they have breached their duty of care.
- Causation: For a party to be potentially liable, their breach of duty must have been the cause of your injury. In other words, the injury would not have occurred if not for the other party’s actions.
- Damages: The losses you suffered because of the accident the liable party caused.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer offers legal services to individuals who were harmed due to someone else’s actions or carelessness. They assess the person’s circumstances, determine their legal rights and how they apply to their case, and represent them in a case for compensation. Our lawyers work for our client’s best interests, handling investigative and administrative duties while providing them with updates and guidance throughout the case.
Our Riverside personal injury lawyers handle a wide variety of cases, including:
- Car and truck crashes
- Commercial truck, bus, and rideshare crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip, trip, and fall and other premises liability accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dangerous or defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Assault and battery
- Sexual abuse and assault
- Physical and domestic abuse
- Wrongful death
Contact Greenberg Gross Today for a Free Personal Injury Case Review
Suffering a severe injury or losing a loved one in an avoidable accident can be traumatic and result in tremendous losses. We also help survivors of sexual abuse, who may seek justice through a personal injury lawsuit.
Fortunately, those who have experienced these tragic events often have options for pursuing compensation and are encouraged to reach out to Greenberg Gross today for a free case review.