Former Olympian and California athletic trainer Conrad Mainwaring has been arrested and is facing felony charges for indecent assault and battery. Mainwaring, a 69-year-old, pleaded no contest to 21 felony counts in a separate but related case in February of 2021. As of this writing, the charges stemming from his alleged actions 40 years ago are still ongoing. At Greenberg Gross LLP, our team is here to help when you need a California athletic trainer sexual abuse attorney, including for any potential civil suits stemming from abuses committed by Conrad Mainwaring.
Why Hire Greenberg Gross LLP for Your Athletic Trainer Sexual Abuse Claim?
- Our athletic trainer sexual abuse lawyers handle every case as if it will go to trial. This gives us a significant advantage when going up against the perpetrators of sexual abuse as well as institutions that protect them.
- We handle high-stakes cases on a regular basis. This includes cases like the high-profile case against Conrad Mainwaring.
- Our firm remains among the leaders of litigating complex sexual abuse cases in California, and beyond.
- We take California athletic trainer sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need.
How Can a California Athletic Trainer Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
When going up against high-profile sexual abusers and organizations involved in covering up the abuse, it is crucial to have a skilled California sexual abuse attorney experienced in claims against athletic trainers by your side. A lawyer can use their resources and legal expertise to:
- Uncover or obtain any evidence needed to prove liability.
- Help survivors understand all of the laws and timeframes in place regarding filing sexual abuse claims in California.
- Handle all communication and negotiations with other parties involved, including legal teams and insurance carriers, to help ensure survivors receive fair compensation.
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial, if necessary to ensure survivors are treated fairly.
What Types of Sexual Abuses Were Perpetrated by Conrad Mainwaring?
Conrad Mainwaring was uncovered as an alleged serial abuser of boys and young men in reporting by ESPN. In February 2021, Mainwaring was arrested in California on felony indecent assault and battery charges that stemmed from his time as a camp counselor in Massachusetts more than 40 years ago.
The alleged crimes, as uncovered by ESPN, occurred in the mid to late 1970s, when Mainwaring worked as a summer sports camp athletic trainer. Mainwaring has lived in Los Angeles since the 1980s and is now facing extradition to Massachusetts.
The three-year investigation by ESPN uncovered more than 50 men who said they were abused as boys or young men by Mainwaring. In 2019, Mainwaring was arrested and faced one count of sexual battery by fraud after a UCLA student came forward to report abuse.
Contact an Athletic Trainer Sexual Abuse Attorney in California Today
If you or somebody you care about has been the victim of sexual abuses committed by Conrad Mainwaring or any other athletic trainer in California, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. The athletic trainer sexual abuse lawyers at Greenberg Gross LLP have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case and help ensure that you receive closure and compensation for what happened. When you need a California athletic trainer sexual abuse attorney handling claims involving Conrad Mainwaring, contact our team today.