If you or someone you love survived sexual abuse, you are entitled to justice. Obtaining criminal justice, though, is not always sufficient. As a survivor, you could also be entitled to recover financial compensation. Compensation can come from the perpetrator and others who are liable for the abuse you endured. Recovering damages on your own can be challenging and emotionally charged.
Fortunately, you do not have to fight for compensation on your own. Our San Fernando Valley sexual abuse lawyer at Greenberg Gross will handle complex settlement negotiations on your behalf. If your case cannot be resolved with a settlement, we will represent you in court.
Why Our Sexual Abuse Law Firm Is Right for Your Case
Our legal team believes victims of sexual abuse deserve empathetic legal representation that has their best interests at heart. At Greenberg Gross, our California sexual abuse lawyer offers compassionate, legal guidance and support.
- Listen to your version of events with understanding and kindness
- Draw out important details about your abuse and the perpetrator
- Locate and interview witnesses to the abuse you endured
- Consult expert witnesses on the sexual abuse recovery process
- Explain state laws and legal language that apply to your case
- Comply with all applicable statutes of limitations in your case
We make a point of providing the 360-degree support survivors of sexual abuse need right when they need it the most.
How We Help with Your Fight for Compensation
Your fight to hold the perpetrator of sexual abuse accountable does not have to be your fight alone. When our law firm represents you, we bring familiarity with sexual abuse law to your case.
We will also:
- Investigate every aspect of your case
- Protect your privacy and identity
- Consult experts when valuing your case
- Read and review all relevant records and reports
- Ensure your lawsuit is filed within the allotted time
- Establish and document responsibility and liability
We also handle all evidence collection and represent you throughout the lengthy settlement negotiation process.
Strengthen Your Fight with Legal Representation
The state of California will allow you to handle your case on your own. Doing so can be challenging both legally and emotionally. You do not have to travel this challenging road alone. When you trust our law firm with this complex legal matter, you can avoid:
- Costly case-related expenses
- Complicated legal research
- Avoid additional emotional trauma
Support from our legal team will allow you to focus on your physical and psychological recovery. Our goal is to protect you from additional emotional harm and to recover fair and appropriate compensation.
Cases Our San Fernando Valley Sexual Abuse Lawyer Handles
Sexual abuse can happen in many different ways and at the hands of many different types of perpetrators. Our law firm represents clients who were victims of the following forms of sexual abuse:
- Statutory rape
- Child sexual abuse
- Child pornography
- Internet sex crimes
- Sex trafficking
You could be entitled to compensation even if the sexual abuse you survived is not on this list. We offer a free case review that can lead to legal representation that helps you recover damages. Our goal is to pursue justice and compensation for the survivors of any form of sexual abuse.
Liability for Sexual Abuse in California
Accountability for sexual abuse may not rest solely with the perpetrator. At Greenberg Gross, our sexual abuse lawyer representing survivors in San Fernando Valley will build a strong case for compensation against:
- Mandated reporters
- Sports team coaches
- Healthcare professionals
- Counselors and therapists
- Employers and co-workers
- Clergy and church leaders
- Teachers and school officials
- Daycare staff and administration
Proving liability helps our San Fernando Valley sexual abuse lawyer determine where to pursue damages. In your case, that can include people who were in a position to protect you and failed to do so. It can also include persons and entities who failed to provide appropriate supervision or security. We will inform you if your case involves more than one liable party.
Recoverable Damages in California Sexual Abuse Cases
Our sexual abuse lawyer serving clients in San Fernando Valley is committed to recovering damages for survivors. The damages you can recover include the following:
- Current and future medical care for any injuries you sustained as the result of sexual abuse
- Current and future mental health care expenses for mental and emotional harm that resulted from the abuse
- Income loss when the abuse or its physical or emotional aftermath prevent you from returning to work
- Pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and loss of enjoyment of life that resulted from the abuse you endured
Our legal team treats you like an individual, not a case file. Every case is unique and the types and amounts of damages we request will vary according to the specific details of your case.
California’s Sexual Abuse Statute of Limitations
You are entitled to recover damages as a sexual abuse survivor. In California, the time you have to do so is limited. Because the state imposes multiple statutes of limitations on sexual abuse cases, it can be difficult to define yours without legal guidan
The appropriate filing deadline is determined by your age when the abuse occurred. Victims of child sexual abuse have an extended statute of limitations.
When our law firm handles your case, our investigation will prove the applicable filing deadline in your case. We also will make sure your potential lawsuit is filed on time to avoid the risks associated with an expired statute of limitations.
Get Your Free Case Review Today
If you or someone you love were the victim of sexual abuse, our law firm can help you recover compensation. Our sexual abuse lawyer representing clients in San Fernando Valley will help you build a strong case for financial recovery. At Greenberg Gross, we offer free case reviews to clients just like you.
Contact one of our team members to get your free review today.