After sustaining an injury because of the actions of another party, you can seek compensation for your losses. An injury could happen anywhere. Through a claim or lawsuit, you have the opportunity to hold the responsible party accountable.
A Sacramento personal injury lawyer from Greenberg Gross can represent you throughout your case. Our attorneys understand the steps we need to take to help you have a fair chance at recovering an appropriate settlement. We can help you seek the compensation you need to stay afloat after suffering injuries.
Reasons to Choose Greenberg Gross As Your Sacramento Personal Injury Firm
At Greenberg Gross, we understand the complexities a personal injury case could have. Our team has handled many personal injury cases in Sacramento and knows how to navigate through those complexities. Reasons to choose our firm to take on your personal injury case include:
- We offer supportive legal counsel. Going through a personal injury case can cause a lot of stress. We want to decrease your stress by offering supportive and compassionate legal counsel.
- We work hard to help you reach a successful outcome. Our firm’s Sacramento personal injury lawyers can work tirelessly to gather the necessary evidence to help you reach a fair outcome in your case.
- Our legal team can inform you of the estimated value of your case. With an estimated value, you will know how much compensation to accept from the opposing party.
We want you to have time to focus on recovering after the accident. We can take on the legal issues so you don’t have to.
Our Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers Could Help You Recover Compensation
When we help you file a case against the responsible party, we want to see you recover compensation for your losses. We can identify your damages to determine how much compensation to seek in your case.
Our personal injury lawyers in Sacramento can work to help you recover compensation through a settlement. Although, if the responsible party doesn’t make a fair offer, we can take your case to court.
Examples of damages we could fight for you to recover include:
- Medical expenses: Any costs related to your medical care could be compensable. Examples of medical costs you could recover include the costs of surgeries, outpatient procedures, diagnostic testing, or medications you require. Our attorneys can review the injury-related medical costs you suffered because of the accident. Then, we can seek those losses from the responsible party.
- Lost income: Depending on whether your injuries caused you to miss work, you could seek compensation for lost income. Our attorneys can gather your pay stubs and speak to your employer to get an accurate depiction of how much income you lost as a result of your injuries. We can then include that value in your demand for damages.
- Non-economic damages: You could also seek compensation for non-monetary losses, including emotional and physical pain and suffering. Other non-economic damages you could recover include loss of enjoyment of life and scarring and disfigurement.
It’s also important to understand that you could seek compensation for future damages, such as future medical bills or ongoing lost income. When our Sacramento personal injury attorneys review your case, we can determine if you qualify to seek these damages and collect evidence that proves your future losses.
Our Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers Handle Many Types of Cases
Regardless of the type of accident that caused your injuries, we can help. Personal injury cases we can take on include:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accident
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
When you sustain injuries because of the actions of someone else, we can help you to hold them accountable.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against the Responsible Party
Each state has a statute of limitations defining how long you have to submit a lawsuit against the responsible party. In California, CCP § 335.1 states you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. Our attorneys can provide more information about your specific case for what happens after the statute of limitations deadline ends.
We recommend speaking to a personal injury attorney from our firm soon after the incident occurs. When you contact us early on, we will have more time to develop your case. Examples of tasks we must take before filing a lawsuit include:
- Investigate the accident by reviewing the accident report, video, or photographs from the scene and speaking to witnesses
- Collect evidence and organize it so that when we present it to the responsible party, they understand how the evidence proves they caused your injuries
- Review your losses to determine the amount of compensation to seek in your case
- Send a letter to the responsible party demanding they pay you for your losses
- Negotiate a fair agreement with the responsible party
We can file a lawsuit if we complete negotiations without coming to an agreement. When you give us ample time to complete these steps, we can develop a strong case on your behalf.
Contact Our Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers Today for a Consultation
If you have dealt with monetary or non-monetary losses because of injuries you sustained in an accident, you can remedy your financial troubles by filing a case against the responsible party. At Greenberg Gross, our personal injury attorneys serving Sacramento can support you throughout your case. We can offer legal guidance and advice.
Contact us today to speak with a personal injury lawyer from our team. During the consultation, you can tell our attorneys what happened and how your injuries have impacted your life. We are ready to serve as your legal advocates.