Burn injuries are painful, often traumatic, and can lead to significant medical expenses and other damages. If your injury resulted from another party’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Fortunately, a Las Vegas burn injury lawyer with Greenberg Gross can assist you with an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover your damages. Our firm has advocated for personal injury victims since 2013, and our team has decades of combined legal experience they can put to work for you. You can learn more during a free consultation.
Burn Injury Compensation
If your injury was not your fault, our lawyers can help you pursue compensation so that your medical treatment, time off work, and other expenses do not create a financial burden for you or your family. Our Las Vegas burn injury lawyer can seek the following:
- Medical damages. We can seek compensation for your current medical bills and necessary future treatment, including the cost of emergency transportation and services, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, treatment from a specialized burn center, skin grafts, plastic surgeries, medications, mobility aids and medical devices, physical therapy, and long-term nursing care.
- Pain and suffering. We can pursue financial awards for severe and chronic pain, disfigurement, scarring, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, inconvenience, loss of mobility, loss of vision, speech, or hearing, and other quality of life reductions.
- Lost income. If your injuries prevent you from working, we can seek back pay and lost benefits, bonuses, tips, and other earnings. If your burns cause a disability that requires you to change jobs, cut back on work hours, or stop working altogether, we can seek compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Various expenses. We can review your case and identify miscellaneous expenses, including vehicle or personal property damages, household services, medical travel costs, and home or vehicle modifications to accommodate your injury.
- Wrongful death. If your family member died from a burn injury, we can pursue wrongful death damages on behalf of their estate and qualifying beneficiaries. Compensation may include the deceased’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. In addition, surviving family members may also receive compensation for their grief, sorrow, and loss of their loved one’s care, comfort, and companionship.
Our Las Vegas Attorneys Will Fight for You
Our Las Vegas burn injury lawyer can build a case proving you are entitled to financial compensation. We assist with personal injury cases involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Oil field accidents
- Gas tank explosions
- Premises liability
- Products liability
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
Our attorneys and legal team can:
Identify At-Fault Parties
To secure financial awards, you must prove that another party’s reckless, wrongful, or negligent actions caused your injury. Behaviors that may constitute negligence in a burn injury case include:
- Failing to equip a building with smoke alarms, sprinklers, fire extinguishers, and other fire detection/mitigation equipment (or keep equipment in working order)
- Obstructing walkways, stairways, and exits
- Locking or sealing doors and windows
- Failing to provide workplace fire safety protections
- Defective gas/fuel tanks, lines, or pipes
- Failing to provide warnings regarding hot surfaces, hot liquids, or steam
- Failing to use proper precautions when storing or handling chemicals
Depending on your injury’s cause, liable parties may include:
- A residential or commercial property owner
- A construction or job-site owner/supervisor
- A manufacturer
- A motor vehicle driver
- A health care provider
- A negligent party’s employer
Establish Liability for Your Burn Injury
You must strengthen your insurance claim or lawsuit with evidence. While you rest and recover, our lawyers can work to:
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Obtain medical records, police reports, accident reports, and other documentation
- Collect physical data from the accident scene
- Photograph your injuries
- Hire and consult with subject matter experts, including doctors and accident reconstruction specialists
- Gather bills receipts, bills, and other proof of your expenses
Prepare and Pursue Your Claim
Paperwork, deadlines, and phone calls to the insurance company may be the last thing on your mind if you or your loved one are coping with a severe burn injury. However, filing a claim is necessary if you do not want to end up paying out of pocket for an accident you did not cause. Furthermore, you do not have unlimited time to take action.
According to NRS § 11.190(4)(e), you generally have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Nevada. Our lawyers can file your insurance claim, work through negotiations, and take legal action (if necessary) before time runs out. Along the way, we will handle all your case details and “red tape” so that you can focus on healing or taking care of your injured family member. We will:
- Draft and file your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Track and manage case deadlines
- Communicate with the insurance company and opposing attorneys
- Negotiate for the maximum possible settlement
- Represent you at trial if needed
Seek Treatment for Your Las Vegas Burn Injury
Doctors categorize burn injuries as first-, second-, or third-degree. While most first-degree burns are minor and heal without medical attention, second and third-degree burns, especially those covering large areas of the body, are more severe and often require medical attention.
According to the Mayo Clinic, complications from burn injuries may include:
- Bacterial infections
- Fluid loss and low blood volume
- Bone and joint problems
- Respiratory problems
If you have not yet sought treatment for your injury, consider doing so immediately, especially if you experience any of the above complications or notice signs of infection. Treatment protects your health, prevents your injury from worsening, and creates a record for your claim or lawsuit.
Call Greenberg Gross Today for Help With a Las Vegas Burn Injury Case
To learn more about how Greenberg Gross’ Las Vegas burn injury lawyer can serve you, contact us for a risk-free, no-cost consultation. A team member can tell you more about our firm and how we can represent you for nothing upfront or out of pocket. Call and connect with our personal injury attorney near you today.