If you or a loved one is recovering from injuries suffered in a bicycle accident, the person or people who caused your accident should be held accountable. Motorists are supposed to safely share the road with cyclists and act responsibly. You should hold them accountable when they are negligent or act irresponsibly, and our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer can help.
The insurance settlement offers you receive after an accident are unlikely to make you and your family whole. An attorney from Greenberg Gross can help you fight for fair compensation and make sure you hold any liable parties responsible for the pain they caused.
Pursuing Compensation After a Bicycle Accident in Las Vegas
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the cost of bicycle accidents can exceed $23 billion each year. This is primarily due to the cost of medical care and the lost work productivity of those injured in the accidents.
This means that your bicycle accident can end up costing you a lot. If you believe someone else is to blame for your accident, you must pursue compensation and hold them accountable.
Types of Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
Damages in a case like this can generally be broken down into two categories. First are the economic damages, meant to reimburse you for the obvious costs of a bicycle accident. These damages can include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Future medical care costs
- A loss of earning potential
Then there are non-economic damages. A bicycle accident does not just leave behind physical injuries. It can be a mentally scarring experience as well, so you and your family also should be compensated for:
- Mental trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment
- Any other past and future pain and suffering
Proper compensation includes adequate economic and non-economic damages. Our lawyers can also help you pursue wrongful death damages if your loved one has passed away due to injuries suffered in a bicycle accident.
How Our Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
A bicycle accident lawyer can pursue your case for damages in Las Vegas while you recover from the accident. When you become our client, our lawyer will:
- Investigate the accident to determine what happened
- Gather evidence that supports your case
- Identify and hold all liable parties accountable
- Field settlement offers and calculate fair compensation
- Communicate with other involved parties, lawyers, and insurance companies on your behalf
- Prepare you for testimony or depositions
- Protect you from accusations of fault or wrongdoing
- Fight for your recovery in court if necessary
Our attorneys are ready to fight for you and secure the compensation that you deserve.
Affording a Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you are looking at mounting medical bills and struggling to make ends meet due to lost work and income, you probably think the expense of a lawyer is the last thing you need to add to your plate. We completely understand, and that is why our law firm works on contingency.
You do not have to pay us anything upfront. We will take our fee if you win your case and we successfully fight for you and your family.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Our firm helps clients who suffer injuries in various types of bicycle accidents. We can assist you if your accident was caused by:
- A distracted driver
- A motorist who did not yield the right-of-way at an intersection
- Someone opening a door into your path, often known as “dooring”
- A speeding driver
- A driver who was impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Defective roadway design or maintenance
If someone else’s negligence contributed to your bicycle accident, we will do everything we can to hold them accountable for the harm they have caused.
Types of Injuries in Bicycle Accident Cases
A cyclist is not protected in the same way that a motorist is, which means they are likely to suffer from serious wounds in an accident. Common injuries include:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
Any of these injuries can create expensive medical bills, cause missed work, and economic stress for your household. In addition, some of these injuries can even result in lasting health problems that could affect your life.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in Las Vegas
After the accident, you should take these steps to protect yourself and prepare for a potential personal injury suit:
- Continue receiving medical care: if you have injuries from an accident, make sure you continue getting the health care you need. Then keep records of your expenses and be prepared to show them later when pursuing compensation.
- Do not make statements: if an insurance company or another lawyer wants to speak to you about your accident, avoid making statements. You do not want to say anything that could indicate you were at fault for the accident.
- Act before the state’s statute of limitations expires: if you believe someone else is to blame for your or your loved one’s bicycle accident, you must act promptly. Under NRS § 11.190(4)(e), Nevada residents generally have only two years to begin pursuing a personal injury or wrongful death case after an accident.
Get a Free Consultation With Greenberg Gross Today
If you are ready to learn more about how a Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer can assist you, contact our law firm today. During a free consultation with Greenberg Gross, you can learn more about your legal options and the potential value of your case. We are ready to assist you and your family during this challenging time.