Bus accidents can result in severe injuries and costly damages. If you were hurt while riding on a bus or in a collision involving a bus in Las Vegas, NV, Greenberg Gross can help you with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to recover your losses.
Our Las Vegas bus accident lawyer will work tirelessly to build a robust case proving that another party is responsible for your accident and owes you financial compensation. We can pursue your medical expenses, lost income, and more.
Who Is Liable for Your Las Vegas Bus Accident?
Las Vegas, NV, is a popular and busy tourist city with several bus lines traversing the city for the benefit of visitors and locals alike. Every day, the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) operates the Deuce Bus up and down the Strip and partially through downtown and Fremont Street. RTC also runs buses throughout Clark County.
Additionally, the Downtown Loop serves Las Vegas as well as countless mini-buses, charter buses, and airport and hotel shuttles. Accidents are bound to happen with so many buses sharing the road with cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pedestrians. When collisions occur, you may wonder who is responsible for your damages. If your accident was not your fault, potentially liable parties may include:
- The bus driver. Driver negligence, such as speeding, drinking and driving, or failing to obey traffic laws, often causes vehicle accidents. If a bus driver caused your crash, you may be able to hold them personally accountable. However, in many cases, the driver’s employer bears liability for their actions under a legal principle known as vicarious liability.
- A government entity. If your accident involved a public vehicle (which includes RTC buses and shuttles), our lawyer can help you with a case against the government entity that owns/operates it.
- A private company. We can assist with cases against private transportation companies and other businesses offering bus and shuttle transportation in and around Las Vegas, including hotels, casinos, nightclubs, and charter services.
- A third-party motorist. Sometimes, bus accidents can involve multiple drivers. For example, a third-party motorist may be responsible for your collision if their negligent or reckless driving caused the bus to make a defensive driving maneuver that resulted in your accident.
- A manufacturer. Our attorneys can help you with a product liability case against a manufacturer if your accident involved a vehicle defect, such as a blown tire, faulty brakes, engine trouble, or malfunctioning safety equipment.
Whatever the circumstance of your bus accident, our personal injury team is here to help. We handle cases involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Single- and multi-vehicle collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- T-bone (side impact) crashes
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Injured bus passengers
- Injured passenger vehicle occupants
Bus Accident Compensation
Our Las Vegas bus accident lawyer can pursue your damages so that another party’s negligent, wrongful, or reckless actions does not jeopardize your family’s financial stability. In general, personal injury compensation for a bus collision may include the following:
- Medical treatment. Medical expenses can quickly add up, especially if you have a severe injury or need ongoing care. Our lawyer can pursue compensation for your current and future treatment, including emergency transportation and services, hospitalizations, medical procedures, mobility aids, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and long-term nursing.
- Lost income. We can seek awards for wages, benefits, and earnings lost because of your injury and recovery. If you suffered a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from returning to work or performing your previous job, we can pursue damages for the loss of your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. You deserve compensation for quality of life reductions caused by your bus accident. We can seek financial awards for depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, inconvenience, severe and chronic pain, loss of mobility, loss of cognitive functioning, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, we can help recover compensation on behalf of their estate or qualifying survivors. Awards may include the deceased’s medical damages, lost income and benefits (including income they would have earned had they lived), funeral and burial expenses, and conscious pain and suffering. Survivors may also seek awards for their sorrow, grief, and loss of their loved one’s affection, companionship, care, and comfort.
How Long do You Have to Pursue Your Case?
You should get started on your bus accident case as soon as possible. Acting quickly gives our firm time to work through your insurance claim and take legal action (if necessary) before the statute of limitations expires.
In Nevada, you have two years from your accident or your loved one’s death to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit under NRS § 11.190(4)(e). We can help you protect your right to compensation by pursuing your case within the allotted window.
How Can Our Las Vegas Injury Attorneys Help?
Our Las Vegas lawyers can take the stress out of your bus accident case. We will worry about your legal and insurance issues while you focus on healing. Our team has decades of combined personal injury law experience that we can put behind:
- Investigating your bus accident
- Identifying liable parties
- Identifying and calculating your damages
- Obtaining medical records, police reports, and other relevant documents
- Collecting physical evidence
- Locating and interviewing eyewitness
- Hiring and consulting with case experts
- Preparing and filing your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Managing paperwork and deadlines
- Communicating with insurers and opposing lawyers
- Negotiating on your behalf
- Representing you at trial (if needed)
Additionally, we do not charge upfront for our services. Our fees come from your successful settlement or verdict, and you owe us nothing if we do not obtain compensation for you.
Reach Out to Greenberg Gross Today for Help After a Las Vegas Bus Accident
Greenberg Gross can help you start the road to financial recovery with a risk-free, no-cost consultation. Contact us today to learn more about our firm and how our Las Vegas bus accident lawyer can fight for you. A team member can take your call, answer your questions, and connect you with an injury attorney near you.