If you or a loved one is the victim of sexual abuse in Las Vegas, you deserve justice. Nevada’s civil legal system may afford you financial recovery for your losses.
Greenberg Gross LLP focuses on sexual abuse cases, including those involving authority figures in athletics. A Las Vegas athlete sexual abuse attorney from our firm is ready to represent you today.
What Damages Can Sexual Abuse Victims in Las Vegas Recover?
Sexual abuse trauma is apparent in every case we handle. We will account for your trauma, which generally falls into various categories of damages. Recoverable losses in your case may include:
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering can cover trauma, which may include specific conditions like:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which the journal Trauma, Violence, & Abuseassociates with sexual abuse
- Fear of social situations
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal ideations
- Difficulty sleeping
- Lost or reduced quality of life
Any unwanted psychological or emotional condition related to your abuse may qualify as pain and suffering. These conditions may warrant compensation in their own right. We will also seek compensation for the cost of treating such conditions.
Abuse-Related Health Care Expenses
You may have needed a medical examination and other services related to your abuse. We will seek coverage for the cost of that exam and other abuse-related medical care you require. If you need further treatment going forward, we will include the cost in your lawsuit.
The physical and psychological toll of sexual abuse can cause serious professional harm. Your abuse may:
- Require you to take time off from your job
- Require you to quit your job or change careers to accommodate the symptoms of your trauma
- Cost you income
- Diminish your earning power
- The cost of bonuses, benefits, and retirement contributions
- Have other negative professional effects
The damages may be recoverable. If you have other losses related to abuse, we can include those damages in your legal action.
Who Is Liable for Your Damages?
Each athlete who suffers sexual abuse has a unique story, and we’ll listen intently to yours. After obtaining your account of abuse and other relevant evidence, we can identify all parties who are liable for your losses.
In athlete sexual abuse cases, liable parties may include:
- A head coach
- An assistant coach
- A trainer
- A medical staffer
- An administrator
- A teammate
Our attorneys understand how to assess liability in sexual abuse cases. The perpetrator of the abuse may not be the only party liable for your losses. Any party who enabled or failed to stop the abuse may also be liable. Defendants in your case may also include:
- A school that employed the abuser
- A professional athletic organization that employed the abuser
- A non-professional athletic organization that employed the abuser
- Any other party with authority over, or a responsible for stopping, the abuser
It may be challenging to determine liability if you haven’t handled athlete sexual abuse cases before. The sexual abuse attorneys at Greenberg Gross have experience diagnosing liability in cases like yours. We will work to ensure that those responsible for your abuse face the consequences.
How an Attorney from Greenberg Gross Can Lead Your Sexual Abuse Case in Las Vegas
Greenberg Gross will handle your entire legal case. Because we can lead every step of the legal process, you won’t have to worry about:
- The stress that comes with the legal process
- Facing traumatic details of your abuse
- Learning Nevada’s civil laws
- Dealing with paperwork and other aspects of your case
Our firm employs attorneys, paralegals, and investigators who will seek the compensation you deserve. We may hire experts to help with your case, too.
Our team assists sexual abuse victims in Las Vegas by:
- Identifying liable parties:While the person who inflicted abuse upon you may be liable, they may not be the only liable party. Any person or institution that enabled, overlooked, or failed to identify abuse could also be liable.
- Collecting evidence, witness testimony, and expert input: We will build your case using evidence (medical records, your own account), witness accounts, and testimony from any experts with relevant knowledge.
- Developing case strategy and target outcomes: As we gather the details of your case and review evidence, we will develop a comprehensive strategy for pursuing justice. We may determine the target settlement, consider the merits of a trial, and iron out other details of our legal approach.
- Exploring settlement offers: We will reach out to attorneys for the defendants in your case. Eventually, we will explore the possibility of a settlement offer. We will negotiate for the compensation you deserve. You’ll have the chance to review any settlement offer we receive, and our team will advise you on the relative strength of any offer.
- Going to trial: Greenberg Gross has extensive nationwide trial experience, including in cases of sexual abuse. We never hesitate to go to court when it is in our client’s best interests.
- Protecting your rights and dignity: Our firm’s job won’t just be to handle your legal case—it will be to lead your case with tact, compassion, and respect for your dignity. We understand sexual abuse cases are immensely sensitive, and we will provide representation that reflects this.
When choosing a law firm, you deserve attorneys who’ve handled cases like yours successfully. That’s Greenberg Gross.
Why Choose Greenberg Gross as Your Attorneys in Las Vegas?
When you hire Greenberg Gross for your athlete sexual abuse case in Las Vegas, you get the backing of a law firm that:
- Places your satisfaction as a client above all else
- Requires you to pay nothing upfront for our services—we only receive an attorney’s fee if we secure a settlement or judgment for you
- Pairs you with an attorney who has handled sexual abuse cases before
- Is always available to respond to your calls and emails
- Will not rest until we’ve resolved your case
Call Greenberg Gross Today for a Free Consultation About Your Athlete Sexual Abuse Case in Las Vegas
We are ready to start your case for justice today, and you shouldn’t wait to reach out. There may be a statute of limitations for your case, so we want to get started as soon as possible.
Call Greenberg Gross today for a FREE consultation about hiring a Las Vegas athlete sexual abuse attorney from our firm.