Burn injuries can occur in various accidents and events. If someone else’s negligence or wrongful act caused your burn injuries, you may be able to make them pay for your medical bills and other losses. By holding the liable party accountable, you could recover the compensation you are entitled to and achieve justice.
When you want help navigating your insurance claim or civil lawsuit, an Anaheim burn injury lawyer at Greenberg Gross could provide you with the clarity and legal support you deserve when you need it most.
What Burn Injuries Qualify for Personal Injury Compensation?
According to the American Burn Association (ABA), over 450,000 people experience severe burn injuries in the U.S. every year. The large majority of these injuries are preventable. Many burn victims face extensive hospital stays, lifelong disability, or permanent disfigurement.
Some of the negligence-based accidents that may qualify victims for compensation via a personal injury claim or lawsuit include:
- Building fires
- Workplace injuries
- Car accidents
- Electrical fires or electrocutions
- Defective products
- Boiling water accidents
- Chemical burns
If you experienced burn injuries in another type of accident not listed above, you may still qualify for compensation. An Anaheim burn injury attorney can help you understand if you have a viable case.
The Value of Your Burn Injury Claim in Anaheim
If you have suffered critical burn injuries, recovering compensation for your losses can prevent you from experiencing financial hardship on top of your other difficulties. You deserve access to every dime you are entitled to, so you can cover your medical expenses and other costs.
However, you may be entitled to compensation for much more than medical expenses and other financial losses. Although the liable party should repay you for your out-of-pocket and monetary expenses, you may also be entitled to compensation for the physical, emotional, and mental impact of your burn injuries.
Examples of economic (special) damages and non-economic (general) damages available in your case could include:
- Prescription medication costs
- Costs of co-pays
- Ambulance fees and hospital bills
- Costs of transportation to and from physician appointments
- Costs of future medical care
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of income, including potential bonuses and increases to your salary
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and mental anguish
- Psychological distress and indignity
- Shame and humiliation
- Property damages
These are only a few of the various damages you could receive following your burn injury in Anaheim. To find out how much your burn injury case could be worth, you must review your damages in great detail with your Anaheim personal injury attorney at Greenberg Gross.
The Statute of Limitations for Burn Injury Lawsuits in Anaheim
Under California law (CCP § 335.1), if you are filing a personal injury lawsuit for a burn injury you sustained in Anaheim, you must file your lawsuit before the two-year statute of limitations expires.
If you do not file a lawsuit before the deadline runs out, the court system will likely refuse to hear your case. This could limit your opportunity to recover the compensation and damages you are entitled to.
Proving Negligence and Liability for Your Burn Injuries
Establishing liability and proving negligence is critical if you hope for your burn injury claim to be successful. In fact, for many burn injury survivors, proving negligence may be their only opportunity to recover their damages.
For your burn injury lawsuit to be successful, your Anaheim attorney must show how the elements of negligence have been met. These include:
- Duty of care – The at-fault party must have owed you a responsibility to protect you from harm.
- Breach of duty – The at-fault party must have violated that responsibility by acting carelessly or recklessly.
- Causation – The at-fault party’s breach of duty of care must have caused an accident that led to your burn injuries.
- Damages – You must have experienced financial consequences as a result.
If your attorney can prove that these four elements apply to your case, you may receive compensation for all your burn injury-related losses.
What Can the Anaheim Burn Injury Lawyers at Greenberg Gross Do for You?
Do you want help handling the burn injury claims process? Your recovery will likely be a long one, and in your spare time, the last thing you want to deal with is an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
While you heal from your injuries and learn to cope with any lasting consequences, an Anaheim burn accident lawyer from our team can work diligently to hold the liable party accountable and recover compensation on your behalf. After you hire us to take on your case, we will:
- Evaluate how your burn accident and injuries have affected your life
- Calculate the value of your burn injury claim
- Conduct an in-depth investigation into how your burn injuries occurred and who could be at fault
- Interview witnesses, work with accident reconstructionists, obtain police and accident reports, and gather other evidence to prove liability for your burn injuries
- File your claim with the insurance company and negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf
- Fight for the compensation you are entitled to in court, if necessary
Get Help from an Anaheim Burn Injury Attorney Today
Burn injuries can be costly in many ways. If you are dealing with emotional trauma, physical injuries, and financial distress, an Anaheim burn injury lawyer at Greenberg Gross could help you seek justice and the compensation you deserve.
Are you ready to get started on your burn injury case? Fill out our quick contact form or call our office to schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation today. Our personal injury attorneys are ready to begin your pursuit of justice.