A Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyer with Greenberg Gross can help you seek justice if a negligent driver hit you or your loved one. We will fight tirelessly to recover your medical expenses, lost income, and other personal injury damages so that your financial stability is not jeopardized due to someone else’s mistakes. You can learn more about your legal options and next steps with a free consultation.
Las Vegas Has a High Rate of Pedestrian Accidents
Millions of people visit Las Vegas annually to enjoy its casinos, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. The combination of locals and tourists enjoying the city adds up to a lot of vehicles on the road and many people traveling on foot, especially in popular and busy locations like Fremont Street, Las Vegas Boulevard, Boulder Highway, and McCarran International Airport. Sadly, this amount of traffic leads to a high rate of pedestrian accidents.
The Nevada Department of Public Safety reports that 278 of the 368 fatal pedestrian crashes that occurred statewide from 2015 to 2019 happened in Clark County. Fortunately, our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers can help you seek damages from the driver who hurt you or your loved one. We can help you prove that another party caused your accident due to negligent, wrongful, or reckless behavior, including:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failing to stop at a red light, stop sign, or crosswalk
- Failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Making an improper turn
- Driving on the sidewalk, over medians, or through pedestrian malls
- Illegal passing
Our Attorneys Can Pursue Compensation for Your Damages
After a pedestrian accident, your primary focus should be on your recovery or caring for your injured family member, not on paperwork, deadlines, and negotiations. Our team collectively has decades of legal experience we can put behind securing the awards you need and deserve. Let our Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyer handle your insurance claim or lawsuit so you can worry about getting better.
We Will Identify and Calculate Your Losses
Pedestrian accidents can cause severe injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries (SCIs), broken bones, and internal organ damage. If you were hurt, you may have expensive medical bills, require ongoing treatment, and be unable to work. It is not fair that you should not have to pay for these and other damages if a negligent driver caused your accident.
Our injury attorneys seek compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical bills, including emergency transportation and services, physical therapy, rehabilitation, surgeries, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, prescription drugs, mobility aids, and life care costs
- Lost income, including benefits, bonuses, and loss of future earning potential
- Damaged personal items, including cell phones, laptops, headphones, watches, and jewelry
- Pain and suffering, including emotional and mental distress, chronic and severe pain, loss of mobility, disfigurement, scarring, loss of cognitive functioning, and reduced quality of life
If your loved one died because of a pedestrian accident injury, we can seek the above damages on behalf of their estate and eligible beneficiaries. We can also pursue awards for surviving family members’ sorrow, grief, and loss of the deceased’s affection, companionship, comfort, and care.
We Will Prove Negligence
You must establish liability for your injuries and damages to secure financial awards. Our attorneys will do this using the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. All drivers have a legal duty to operate their vehicle safely, avoid harming others, and obey Nevada’s rules of the road, outlined in NRS § 484B.
- Breach. We will show that the driver did not uphold their duty of care. For example, we could produce evidence showing the driver who hit you was drunk at the time of the accident.
- Causation. Causation links the driver’s actions to your injury. Continuing with the above example, we may show that the driver’s intoxication caused them to swerve onto the sidewalk, resulting in your collision.
- Damages. Our lawyers will show that your injury led to out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
Our attorneys will gather evidence to back your claim or lawsuit, which may include:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness accounts
- Surveillance, cell phone, or dashcam footage of the accident
- Photographs and physical data from the crash site
- Pictures of your injuries
- Bills, receipts, and proof of your losses
- Expert testimony from doctors, economists, crash reconstruction specialists, and other subject matter experts
We Will Handle Your Case’s Details
We understand that you have a lot on your plate after an accident, which is why we strive to make seeking compensation as easy as possible for our clients. Our lawyers will draft and file your claims paperwork or personal injury lawsuit and track and adhere to related deadlines.
We will also handle all of your case-related communications, which saves you time and energy and protects you from accidentally saying or doing something the insurance company or an opposing attorney could use against you.
Finally, we will negotiate to secure the maximum possible settlement for you or your loved one. However, we will not back down from taking your case to trial if necessary. Throughout, we will be available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide you with regular and timely case updates.
We Will Act Before Time Runs Out
Nevada generally allows up to two years from your accident or your loved one’s death to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to NRS § 11.190(4)(e). If the statute of limitations expires, the court will likely bar you from taking action.
Additionally, waiting too long could hurt your insurance claim. If the insurance company knows you can no longer sue, it may deny your settlement or reduce your payment. Delaying a claim could also give the insurer reason to doubt your version of the accident or allege your injuries did not result from a pedestrian collision.
The sooner you reach out to our firm, the sooner our Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyer can start on your case. We will act fast to collect and preserve evidence, speak with witnesses, and begin the process of seeking financial recovery.
Contact Greenberg Gross for a Free Consultation About a Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Today
Contact Greenberg Gross for a free consultation. We can tell you more about our services and how our Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyer can take your case for nothing upfront or out of pocket. Call today and connect with an injury lawyer near you.