Companies providing rideshare services have increased in popularity and usability, resulting in an increase in rideshare car accidents. These accidents aren’t like your average auto accident; it can be harder to determine liability.
With rideshare companies involved, claims can be more complex as they may involve multiple insurers. However, there’s no need to stress if you were in a rideshare accident. Our Las Vegas rideshare accident lawyer can walk you through the process and the options for handling your case. Better yet, we can handle the entirety of your case while you focus on recovering.
A Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case in Clark County
If you were injured in a wreck as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle or a third-party vehicle involved in the wreck, a personal injury lawyer from our firm can help. They’ll review your case and determine your compensation options.
We can also assist rideshare drivers injured in an accident because of a third party. Your financial recovery options will depend on the rideshare driver’s status at the time of the accident.
Hiring a lawyer for your rideshare accident case can be beneficial as you may be going up against a powerful insurance company. An attorney from Greenberg Gross can investigate your case, identify the liable party, file your claim, and more. You will have all your questions answered and stay in the know about your case.
Determining Liability in a Rideshare Accident
As mentioned previously, liability is determined based on the rideshare driver’s status at the time of the crash. Rideshare accidents typically fall into one of these three situations:
- The accident occurred when the app was off. When an accident occurs when the rideshare app was turned off, the driver’s personal insurance provides coverage, not the rideshare insurance.
- The accident happened while the driver waited for the ride request. If an accident happened while the rideshare app was turned on and the driver was waiting for a ride request, rideshare liability coverage applies if personal insurance does not.
- The accident happened during a pick-up or ride. If an accident happened while the driver was picking up passengers or during a requested ride from the app, rideshare liability coverage applies.
Your Next Steps
Hiring a lawyer can clear up any confusion you have about your options following a rideshare accident. After reviewing your situation, your Las Vegas rideshare accident lawyer will know what insurance company to pursue.
To receive compensation, you must be able to prove fault for the car accident. Our rideshare accident lawyer can collect evidence to build a compelling case.
Rideshare Insurance Coverage
If the rideshare driver is at fault for the accident, depending on the situation, the rideshare company can cover up to:
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident, with a maximum of $50,000 per person
- $25,000 for property damage
Or, the rideshare company may offer:
- $1 million third-party liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and/or first-party injury insurance
- Contingent comprehensive and collision
If the other driver is at fault for the car accident, you can file a claim with their insurance company. A lawyer can help guide you through the steps you must take to file a claim.
Compensation in a Rideshare Accident Case
Every personal injury case is unique, and it is impossible to predict how much your case is worth. Compensation depends on claim-specific details and damages such as:
- The cost of your medical bills. This can include past and future medical interventions you need because of the accident. Physical therapy can also be included in the cost of medical expenses.
- Loss of past and future income, including reduced earning capacity. If the accident affects your ability to work and how you can work, you could receive compensation.
- Pain and suffering because of the accident. Pain and suffering can affect the victim long after physical injuries have healed. There is a wide range of symptoms you could endure from mental and emotional pain, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
It’s important you act quickly after the accident, especially if you are considering filing an injury lawsuit.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
Being involved in a car accident can be stressful, but it is important to remain as calm as possible and follow these steps:
- Call 911, so medical attention can be provided to those injured and police officers can file a report. Ensuring a police report is taken is important. It summarizes the officer’s investigation, which entails talking with everyone involved in the accident. Writing the police officer’s name and incident report number down for your records can be helpful once you contact an attorney. Your attorney can quickly request a copy of the report.
- Exchange contact information with everyone you can that was involved in the accident. Any evidence you can gather, such as pictures of the scene, vehicle damage, or witnesses, can be crucial to your case.
- Before too much time passes from the accident, make sure to write down everything that happened about the accident. These notes can be beneficial when asked about details from the accident.
- Make sure to report the accident to the rideshare company. Report forms are available on their respective websites. A lawyer can help you communicate with the company’s representatives if necessary.
Work with Our Las Vegas Rideshare Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident, a lawyer from Greenberg Gross can help you determine the next steps you must take. Allow us to fight for you and secure the compensation you’re entitled to. Contact us by phone or fill out a form on our website, and we’ll get back to you shortly.