The media entertainment industry in Las Vegas produces many films, shows, video games, and other productions every year, bringing thousands of industry professionals to the region. But like other industry hubs, people in the Las Vegas film and TV industry experience sexual abuse.
If you have suffered sexual abuse in the Las Vegas media entertainment industry, a Las Vegas film and TV industry sexual abuse attorney from Greenberg Gross can help you hold your abuser accountable. You may even be entitled to financial compensation for damages. We can talk with you about your situation during a free consultation.
Why Choose Greenberg Gross to Help With Your Film and TV Industry Sexual Abuse Claim?
The team at Greenberg Gross is proud to stand up to large production companies and other leaders of the film and TV industry in Las Vegas. We’ve helped victims of sexual abuse recover millions of dollars in compensation.
Although no amount of money can completely heal you from the pain and trauma you may have experienced, we work hard to hold authority figures who abuse others accountable for the harm they cause. Some of our most recent case results include:
- $3.3 million settlement for abuse by a teacher
- $2.5 million settlement for abuse by a youth pastor
Here’s what the team at Greenberg Gross offers when you trust us to handle your Las Vegas film and TV industry sexual abuse claim:
- Founding partners who’ve been named two of the top 100 lawyers in California
- Staff who national legal publications have recognized as “super lawyers”
- Compassionate and dedicated legal counsel
- Support and advocacy for your rights and well-being
- No upfront costs or attorney’s fees to receive help from us
A Las Vegas Film and TV Industry Sexual Abuse Lawyer Can Make a Difference in Your Case
We know that trying to file a personal injury claim for sexual abuse can be a painful, confusing, and scary experience. But you don’t have to go through it alone. The Las Vegas film and TV industry sexual abuse lawyers from Greenberg Gross can make sure your voice is heard. We will:
- Gather evidence like witness testimony, medical records or sexual assault exams, any previous complaints against the abuser regarding their behavior, and more
- Investigate the abuse to prove liability and, if necessary, negligence of other parties
- Consult with sexual abuse and industry experts to testify to claims
- Calculate your damages to determine a figure that represents your financial hardship and suffering
- Shield your identity from the public and the press
- Negotiate with liable parties as you see fit
- File a lawsuit against liable parties
- Represent you in court and fight for fair and just compensation
- Advise you at every stage of the process so that you can make decisions that are best for you
Who Can You Sue for Sexual Abuse While in the Film & TV Industry?
Many victims of abuse are harmed by people in positions of power. This trend is supported by data from the Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN), which reports that about half of perpetrators of sexual violence are age 30 or older. We have seen this trend in the film and TV industry, too, with the many victims coming forward during the rise of the #MeToo movement. Some industry and production leaders that we may be able to sue for abuse include:
- Company executives
- Star performers
- Crew leaders
Some victims are abused by those with more experience or a direct influence on their careers. These abusers may be in roles like:
- Crew member
- Agent or manager
In some cases, we may even be able to hold other parties accountable for negligence for allowing the abuse to occur. We may be able to file a claim against the production company that was aware of other allegations of similar abuse and/or a history of abuse.
We can help you determine the party or parties liable for your abuse and begin building a case to prove liability.
Types of Sexual Abuse You Can Hold Abusers Accountable for
We know that sexual abuse can take on many forms and that victims also suffer other forms of abuse and threats. Some forms of sexual abuse and other forms of abuse we can help you hold your abuser accountable for include:
- Rape of a person under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Sexual coercion
- Threats to your physical safety and/or threats to your career
You May Be Able to Recover Damages for Film & TV Industry Sexual Abuse in Las Vegas
Depending on your situation, you may choose to file a civil suit if you cannot pursue criminal charges. In many cases, abusers are prosecuted in criminal court and subject to a civil case. We can help you hold your abuser accountable by negotiating a civil settlement or filing a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation.
You may be entitled to economic damages, which are financial burdens victims face as another consequence of their abuse. Some of the most common economic damages we can fight for on our clients’ behalf include:
- Medical bills related to seeking treatment for the abuse, including bodily and mental health treatment
- Lost income for not being able to work while seeking treatment and/or recovering from instances of abuse
- Lost earning potential due to the abuser’s active or direct detriment to the victim’s career prospects in the industry
You can also recover non-economic damages for the other ways the abuse affects your life, including:
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Development or worsening of a mental illness, including depression and anxiety
Start Working With a Las Vegas Film Industry Abuse Lawyer Today
If you or someone you know in the Las Vegas film and TV industry has suffered sexual abuse by another entertainment industry professional, contact our sexual abuse attorney as soon as possible.
At Greenberg Gross, we are dedicated to helping victims of sexual assault and abuse hold their abusers accountable. We’re not afraid to stand up to big names in the industry, and with us at your side, you don’t have to be either. Call our Las Vegas office today to learn how we can help you seek justice.