You could recover financial compensation if you suffered from burns in a structural fire, car accident, or workplace mishap. Burn injuries can be painful and may have complications that affect your ability to engage in work and everyday activities.
The San Francisco burn injury lawyers at Greenberg Gross understand how a burn injury can detract from your quality of life. We can help you pursue just compensation following a burn injury caused by someone else’s negligence.
Dedicated Representation from Our Burn Injury Law Firm
When you suffer from a burn injury because of someone else’s actions, it is not fair or reasonable to expect you to cover the costs. California law allows you to pursue damages against the person or company that caused your burns. A San Francisco burn injury attorney with experience handling complex litigation can help you navigate the legal process and negotiate with insurance companies.
We know that following a burn injury, you must focus your time and energy on recovering your health. Let our dedicated legal team provide you with the support you need to secure a fair settlement. We will handle all the legal work, including answering calls and emails, negotiating settlement terms, and filing a burn injury lawsuit within California’s statute of limitations, CCP § 335.1.
After a burn injury due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful behavior, you deserve a lawyer who will fight for your rights at the negotiating table and in the courtroom. While we cannot guarantee a particular outcome, our team will leverage their extensive knowledge of California injury law to seek maximum compensation.
Financial Damages You Could Recover in a Burn Injury Claim
When you suffer a burn injury, your health and recovery are the most important consideration. Our burn injury attorneys in San Francisco, California, can help you seek the financial support you need to maintain your physical, mental, and financial well-being. Damages we could pursue on your behalf include:
- Current and future medical expenses related to your burns
- Lost current and future income when you cannot work due to your burn injury
- Future career earnings and vocational rehabilitation if your injuries prevent you from continuing in your current career field
- Pain and suffering for both physical and mental anguish due to your injuries
- Emotional distress related to pain, scarring, and disfigurement from your burn injuries
If you cannot engage in activities you enjoyed before your injuries, you could also pursue compensation for those losses. Your health and happiness are important, and you should not have to suffer because of someone else’s actions. Allow our compassionate team of San Francisco burn injury attorneys to advocate for justice and fair compensation on your behalf.
Common Causes of Burns
Burn injuries occur in residential, commercial, and public spaces. Some of the most common causes of burn injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Industrial workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Exposure to harmful or harsh chemicals
- Outdoor grilling and firepit accidents
- Wildfires and brush fires
No matter where you sustained your burn injury, you can hold the responsible parties liable for their actions. A San Francisco burn attorney from our firm can help you understand your legal rights and start your claim for financial compensation.
Types of Burn Injuries Victims Suffer
When you suffer a burn injury because of another person’s carelessness, you could file an insurance claim or lawsuit for damages associated with your injury. Some examples of burn injuries due to negligence include:
- A commercial fuel truck strikes another vehicle, causing a fire that burns the other vehicle’s occupants.
- A server at a restaurant spilled boiling water on a patron, scalding them.
- A landlord kept the water heater temperature dangerously high, and a child was scalded.
- The host at a grill-out uses too much lighter fluid and causes a small explosion, burning several guests.
- A corrosive cleaning solution fails to post warnings on the packaging, and a customer suffers chemical burns.
- A person physically attacks someone else with acid to cause harm and disfigurement.
- A landlord fails to maintain a heating system, and a fire breaks out that injures several tenants.
- A wildfire spreads to someone’s home or business, causing burn injuries to the people inside.
Building a Burn Injury Case Against the Liable Party
Depending on the fundamental cause of your burns, you could file an insurance claim or a burn injury lawsuit. Liable parties could include:
- The at-fault driver in a car or truck accident
- A property owner who failed to disclose or prevent dangerous conditions
- A business owner who did not take care to prevent harm to employees or customers
- A manufacturer that did not warn or disclose burn risks for flammable or corrosive substances
Our burn lawyers in San Francisco will investigate the cause of your injuries and fully pursue the responsible parties. To ensure the best possible settlement value, we will file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and pursue a burn injury lawsuit. If more than one party is responsible, we will work to ensure that all responsible entities are held accountable.
We have extensive experience handling complex litigation cases in San Francisco and across California. Our attorneys are comfortable in the courtroom and will actively pursue your interests at trial if that is what it takes to get a fair settlement for your burn injuries.
Consult with a San Francisco Burn Injury Attorney for Help with Your Claim
At Greenberg Gross, we are committed to providing our burn injury clients in San Francisco with reliable, highly personalized legal representation from the initial consultation through the final settlement or verdict.
Contact our San Francisco burn injury lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We will provide you with an honest assessment of your case, and if we decide to work with you, our team will start working on your burn injury claim immediately.