Victims of sexual abuse deserve justice. Our Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyer can help you hold the abuser accountable. You may even be able to recover compensation through a lawsuit. If you or a loved one have been a victim of sexual abuse, the experienced attorneys at Greenberg Gross will fight for you and help you reach a fair outcome.
How Can Our Los Angeles Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help You?
It can be quite difficult to handle the legal proceedings of your case on your own, as many different laws and statutes must be taken into account. At Greenberg Gross, we will work to provide you with the best result possible. When you trust our firm with your case, our California sexual abuse lawyer will help you with the following:
- Investigating the details of your abuse and gathering evidence to support your case
- Calculating the value of your damages by documenting how the sexual abuse has affected your life
- Submitting all legal documentation on time to the court
- Negotiating and communicating with the defendant’s legal representation on your behalf
- Communicating with any parties involved in your case for you
Our Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyer can help you get the justice you deserve. We will fight for you and help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
You Could Recover Economic Damages for Your Los Angeles Case
We can help you recover compensation through legal action against the abuser. You may also be able to hold other parties involved accountable, such as any institution that allowed the abuse to take place.
Although criminal cases hold the perpetrator accountable, survivors can also pursue civil cases to claim compensation. Anyone who has been a victim of sexual abuse in California can file a civil lawsuit for damages, even if there is no criminal conviction.
Compensation for the survivors often includes:
- Medical Expenses: Survivors of abuse can sue to receive compensation for past medical expenses and ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: In many cases, if you cannot work due to sexual abuse, you may receive compensation for lost income.
- Work-Related Benefits: If you took time away from work and missed out on bonuses and promotions, we can help you fight for compensation.
- Therapy and Rehabilitation: You may decide to attend therapy in the future to help you cope with sexual abuse.
Non-Economic Damages You Could Recover in Your Los Angeles Case
When we build your case, we will take note of your non-economic damages. Non-economic damages could help you receive compensation for the intangible losses associated with the abuse. These damages do not have a direct monetary value. We will assign a value to your non-economic damages to help you seek fair compensation.
Some non-economic damages you could recover include:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological damage
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you are a survivor of sexual abuse, get in touch with Greenberg Gross. Our team can help you recover the non-economic damages you deserve from your case.
How Much Does it Cost To Work With Our Sexual Abuse Attorney?
Some people avoid seeking help from an attorney because they believe it will be too expensive. However, at Greenberg Gross, we believe that everyone has the right to an attorney. We work on a contingency-fee-basis. Therefore, we will only get paid if you are awarded financial compensation.
As your Los Angeles sexual abuse team, we will handle every legal aspect involved in your case, providing you with the peace of mind you need to recover from your experience.
We will receive payment after your case is settled. This payment will be a percentage of your final settlement award. You won’t owe us any fees upfront or out of your own pocket.
What Is The Statute of Limitations for Filing a Lawsuit in Los Angeles?
The statute of limitations is the timeline for filing a lawsuit in California. Per Assembly Bill 218, as a sexual abuse victim, you typically have to file by one of the following deadlines:
- 22 years after turning 18, or until you are 40 years old
- Five years from the date of discovery of psychological injury after you have turned 18
It’s critical to file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires. As your Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyers, we will make sure that all lawsuits are filed on time, providing you with a fair chance at recovering compensation. We can explain which deadline applies to your Los Angeles case.
Contact Greenberg Gross Today for a Free Consultation
Our experienced sexual abuse attorneys will help you get the compensation you deserve and hold the perpetrator accountable for their actions. We aim to make you feel as comfortable as you can to discuss the details of your case with us. The attorneys at Greenberg Gross are ready and able to fight for you, helping you achieve the closure and justice you deserve.
Contact us today to speak with one of our team members during a free and confidential consultation. We can answer any questions you have and explain what your next steps may be.