You could recover compensation for your losses if you have sustained injuries through a pedestrian accident. A Santa Monica pedestrian accident lawyer at Greenberg Gross can represent you through the claims process and provide legal advocacy. We have handled many pedestrian accident cases and know the steps to take to reach a successful outcome.
How Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Will Build Your Claim
After a pedestrian accident, you could face medical debt, lost income, or other losses. We believe you should recover compensation. Our attorneys work tirelessly to ensure each client gets the personalized attention needed to achieve a successful outcome. With our firm by your side, you only have to focus on recovering from your injuries.
Working with our legal team for your pedestrian accident case has many benefits. These benefits include:
- We prepare every case as if it will go to trial. While it may be advantageous to settle outside of court, we can take your case to court if the opposing counsel does not present a fair offer.
- We provide personalized legal attention to every case and client. We get to know our clients so we can tailor a solution that best fits their goals and needs.
- Our attorneys have received countless awards and are in the top 100 lawyers in California.
Our law firm offers consultations to potential clients so they can learn more about our legal services. If you have questions or want to know how an attorney can help you, we can provide that information during a consultation.
Injured Pedestrians Can Recover Compensation
Pedestrian accidents sometimes cause people to sustain severe injuries. These injuries could cause victims to have significant medical bills. They could also require someone to stop working or miss work for a long time while recovering. However, you could recoup the money you lost if you have sustained damages because of the accident. Our attorneys can also help you recover compensation for the physical and emotional toll the accident took.
The compensation pedestrians can recover is based on several factors. The severity of the injuries and how they could impact your life. Usually, by looking at the damages you sustained, our lawyers can determine the value of your case. Examples of recoverable damages include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
When you work with our team, a Santa Monica pedestrian accident attorney can ensure that we identify all damages you could recover. That means you can get the maximum compensation for your losses. When someone causes your injuries, they should have to deal with the financial consequences, not you.
You Could Recover Compensation if Your Loved One Passed Away
If your loved one passed away because of their injuries, we first want to express our sincerest condolences. However, we can help surviving family members recover compensation for their loved one. Examples of compensation surviving family members could recover include:
- The costs to celebrate the life of your loved one, such as a funeral or celebration of life ceremony.
- The cost to bury or cremate your loved one.
- The medical expenses your loved one incurred because of their injury.
- Loss of consortium damages for the loss of support and companionship your loved one provided.
Our pedestrian accident attorneys can help you determine if you are an eligible surviving family member so you know if you can recover compensation on behalf of your loved one.
California Law Limits Your Time to File a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
If you or a loved one sustained an injury or your loved one passed away due to a pedestrian accident, you have a limited time to recover compensation. California law, CCP § 335.1, states the following:
- If you or a loved one sustained an injury, you have two years from the accident date to recover compensation.
- If your loved one passed away from their injuries, you have two years from the date of the death to recover compensation.
Once the statute of limitations is up, your chances of recovering compensation are significantly lower. However, our lawyers can help to ensure you do not miss deadlines to get the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can occur for various reasons. Therefore, one of the first steps our attorneys will take in our investigation is to determine the cause of the accident. That way, we can figure out who the liable party is and know who to file a pedestrian accident claim against.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Cars making left-hand turns: When cars make left-hand turns, they focus on if another vehicle is coming towards them instead of looking out for pedestrians. While waiting to see if it is clear for them to turn left, they might forget to look out for a pedestrian.
- Distracted driving: Accidents can happen when drivers focus on something other than the road. Distracted driving includes talking on a cell phone, texting, using a navigation system, changing the radio, eating, or tending to children. These behaviors could result in the driver not seeing a pedestrian and causing an accident.
- Reckless driving: If a driver engages in reckless driving behaviors, they could cause an accident. Reckless driving could include speeding, tailgating, or weaving in and out of traffic. These actions could cause them not to see the pedestrian, which could cause a catastrophic accident.
Regardless of how the accident occurred, our attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve. In addition, we can investigate the cause and build a solid case against the liable party.
Contact Our Pedestrian Accident Law Firm to Get Started Today
If you or a loved one sustained an injury or your loved one passed away from a pedestrian accident, our Santa Monica pedestrian accident lawyers at Greenberg Gross can help. With decades of experience, we know how to negotiate with insurance companies to reach your desired settlement. In addition, we can handle all the legal matters, so your only focus is on recovering from your injuries. When you work with our firm, you get personalized legal representation.
Contact us today for a consultation. During the consultation, you can learn about your legal options and get your questions answered. Then, we can get started on your case immediately.