As a pedestrian, you have many of the same rights as other roadway users. When those rights are violated, you may be able to collect compensation for your financial losses and bodily injuries.
A Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm can assist you with any legal action you decide to take. This can give you more time to focus on your injuries and your family rather than on legal matters in order to make it easier for you to fight for compensation.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation
Greenberg Gross understands that every case is unique. We work hard to provide each client with an accurate estimate of how much they can receive for:
- Loss of wages: This refers to any money you have already lost due to the accident, your injuries, or necessary treatments. For long-term loss of income due to permanent injuries, you can seek compensation for loss of earning capacity.
- Medical expenses: You can seek reimbursement for any sort of treatment that your doctor deems medically necessary, including visits with specialists, dentists, or psychiatrists.
- Other expenses: If your injuries are serious enough, they could prevent you from cooking your own meals, cleaning your own house, or caring for your own children. The cost of hiring others to do these things is compensable.
- Pain and suffering: The fact that you have had to endure so much physical and emotional pain is grounds enough to pursue compensation.
- Reduced quality of life: Some accidents force you to temporarily alter your lifestyle until your injuries heal. Others cause permanent disabilities that will always affect your ability to take care of yourself or enjoy your life. Either way, you deserve damages.
- Disability: Many types of injuries qualify as disabling, including brain injuries, temporary injuries like broken bones, and permanent injuries like paralysis. Any injury that impacts how (and if) you can use your mind or body may be a disability.
How do we know your case’s worth? We get the information we need by conducting a careful investigation of both your accident and its consequences. We could:
- Examine the site of your accident for additional clues or insights
- Request your medical records
- Request a copy of the police report
- Track down witnesses and ask for their testimony
- Review photos or video footage
- Hire experts to offer their opinion on the crash or its consequences
Other Factors that Affect Your Case’s Worth
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), while overall pedestrian fatalities have decreased, fatalities among older individuals have increased. The types of compensation available to you may differ if you have to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a deceased’s loved one.
Your case’s worth also depends on whether or not the statute of limitations has passed. As stated at CCP § 335.1, any case filed more than two years after the accident date is invalid. You cannot collect anything from such an action.
How Our Firm Can Help
Our Los Angeles team understands how painful and traumatizing pedestrian accidents can be. If you hire one of our lawyers to manage your case, you would not have to complete any legal task on your own.
Still not sure about whether or not to hire a lawyer, or even whether or not you are qualified to file a lawsuit? Consider the following questions:
- Would it be helpful for you to have access to a legal professional who could answer all of your questions, speak to other parties on your behalf, and explain your rights and duties under the law?
- Do you want assistance with important legal tasks, including but not limited to collecting evidence, sending demand letters, identifying the liable party, and determining the full value of your case?
- Would you prefer to avoid appearing in person in negotiations, meetings, or the courtroom, or would you feel better about going to such meetings accompanied by an attorney?
- Do you want to get fair compensation without having to speak directly to the person who caused your injuries?
- Would you feel better knowing that a lawyer who has previously handled pedestrian accident cases is going to negotiate for a fair settlement and/or present your case before a judge and jury?
- Are you still recuperating from your injuries? Do you need time and energy to focus on rebuilding your life, as opposed to having to spend that time learning the law and fighting for compensation?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, hiring Greenberg Gross could be the right decision for you. The sooner you call our office, the sooner we can get to work on helping you.
How Much Do Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Cost?
Accidents can be expensive, so it is natural to wonder how much more you will have to spend in fighting for compensation. The cost of filing a lawsuit may include:
- Attorneys’ fees
- Travel expenses
- The cost of collecting or requesting evidence
- The cost of filing paperwork with the court
You do not have to pay out of pocket for such expenses. Greenberg Gross can help you manage and better understand legal costs by:
- Providing a case review over the phone at no charge—and no obligation.
- Charging no attorneys’ fees up front.
- Sending a bill for attorneys’ fees only if and when we win compensation.
- Explaining our fee agreement and addressing any questions you have about it.
- Providing an estimate of how much your case may end up costing (this estimate may change as your case proceeds).
It is also good to remember that we can save you money by accurately calculating your case’s value. This way, you get what you really need without the risk of leaving anything on the table.
Let Our Team Serve You
The team at Greenberg Gross is dedicated to helping pedestrian accident survivors in Los Angeles protect their rights. After a collision, you deserve passionate legal representation and fair compensation from the at-fault party. Contact us today for a free case review and find out how one of our lawyers can fight for you.