California La Luz del Mundo Sexual Abuse Attorney
The leader of the Mexico-based mega-church La Luz del Mundo (LLDM), Naason Joaquin Garcia, is facing serious criminal charges of human trafficking, child rape, and child pornography here in California. To help put an end to the longstanding cycle of exploitation and abuse reported to exist within LLDM, in early 2020, representing Sochil Martin, Greenberg Gross filed a lawsuit against LLDM as an institution, as well as against Garcia and others, for violation of human trafficking and racketeering (RICO) statutes and several other federal and state laws.
Here, we will discuss those charges, as well as how victims can proceed with civil cases against LLDM, Garcia, and others who have perpetrated or assisted with the perpetration of crimes, civil wrongs, and the exploitation of its members. The California La Luz del Mundo sexual abuse attorneys at Greenberg Gross LLP can help survivors of sexual abuse gain the closure, justice, and compensation they deserve.
Why Hire Greenberg Gross LLP for Your La Luz del Mundo Sexual Abuse Claim?
- Our sexual abuse lawyers in California have significant experience taking on major adversaries in court. Our clients benefit from our experience because we give them access to the same resources that their adversaries have.
- Because we have handled so many high-profile and high-stakes cases, this makes us a natural fit when taking on major religious institutions.
- We take the time to get to know every client personally because we want to ensure that we meet their goals and needs while their case is ongoing.
- We take California La Luz del Mundo sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay a dime until we secure the compensation they need.
How Can a California La Luz del Mundo Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
A skilled La Luz del Mundo sexual abuse attorney in California is going to be necessary when taking on a high-profile case like this. This mega-church has significant resources that can be used to defend the institution, Garcia, his associates, and others working on behalf of LLDM. However, a qualified lawyer will bring the resources necessary to level the playing field. More importantly, an attorney can:
- Comb through all of the evidence and help establish the liability of all perpetrators of abuse in these cases.
- Work with law enforcement officials and prosecutors who are actively investigating the institution.
- Help ensure that survivors receive adequate assistance, including mental health and medical care evaluations.
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial by filing all necessary paperwork and building the strongest case possible against La Luz del Mundo and specific perpetrators.
Understanding La Luz del Mundo Sexual Abuse Cases
The California State Attorney General’s Office has filed three dozen felony counts against Naason Joaquin Garcia, including the forcible rape of a minor, forcible oral copulation of a person under 18, unlawful sexual intercourse, committing a lewd act on a child, conspiracy, and possession of child pornography. Garcia’s criminal trial has been delayed and continued numerous times, but is currently scheduled to start on May 9, 2022.
While the State’s charges against Garcia concern criminal behavior, they lend significant weight to any civil claims that may be made by survivors of Garcia’s abuse. The full extent and range of Garcia’s abuse is not yet known, but reports indicate the existence of hundreds of sexual assault survivors in the United States and around the world.
Free Consultation With a La Luz del Mundo Sexual Abuse Attorney in California
If you or somebody you love is the survivor of sexual abuse that occurred at the mega-church La Luz del Mundo, by Naason Joaquin Garcia, or by any bishops or pastor of LLDM, reach out to Greenberg Gross LLP as soon as possible. We have the experience necessary to handle high-profile cases just like this. Our La Luz del Mundo sexual abuse lawyers will provide you with compassionate assistance as we tenaciously take on LLDM and Garcia in court. Our goal is to ensure that survivors receive the justice and compensation they deserve. When you need a dedicated California La Luz del Mundo sexual abuse attorney, contact our team today.