California Athlete Sexual Abuse Attorney
The sexual abuse of athletes, particularly the abuse of minors, is abhorrent. Unfortunately, this type of sexual abuse happens regularly in and around the California area. At Greenberg Gross LLP, our qualified and experienced team is standing by to help when you need a California athlete sexual abuse attorney by your side. Our lawyers understand the lifelong impact that sexual abuse can have on survivors, and we aim to hold perpetrators of this abuse and the responsible institutions accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one is a survivor of sexual abuse in athletics, contact our team today so we can begin the work of obtaining justice and compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose Greenberg Gross LLP for Your Athlete Sexual Abuse Case?
- We offer top-tier, high-quality legal representation to the survivors of sexual trauma in their time of need.
- Greenberg Gross LLP has significant experience handling complex personal injury cases. We strive to hold institutions and corporations accountable. This includes sports teams, schools, and private recreation clubs.
- Our California sexual abuse attorneys handle every sexual abuse case as if it will go to trial. This gives us an advantage when we are going up against alleged perpetrators of abuse and those who protect them.
- We are proud to take California athlete sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not pay any legal fees while their case is ongoing. Our attorneys only get paid after we obtain the compensation to which our clients are entitled.
How Can a California Athlete Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
When you retain a California athlete sexual abuse attorney to help with your athlete sexual abuse case, you can breathe a sigh of relief. As a survivor of sexual abuse, you should not have to worry about filing deadlines, communicating with the other side, or the overall legal process. Your lawyer will give you peace of mind by handling everything on your behalf. They will:
- Thoroughly investigate the case and help identify the correct perpetrators and other liable parties.
- Determine the strength of your case against the individual perpetrator and the sports organization.
- Explain the laws that pertain to your civil claim.
- Work with sexual abuse experts to help gather all necessary evidence to prove liability.
- Be prepared to take the matter all the way to trial, if necessary.
Who Is Liable for Athlete Sexual Abuse?
One of the key questions that our clients ask is, “who will be held accountable?” Liability for sports sexual abuse cases may seem straightforward. Clearly, the perpetrator of the alleged abuse and responsible institution should be held accountable. In some cases, our California athlete sexual abuse attorneys discover that this is a coach, volunteer, physical therapist, physician, or another staff member. However, there may also be other liable parties in these cases. This could include the overall institution as a whole, such as:
- The school affiliated with the sports team
- The YMCA or a Boys & Girls Club
- A private sports league
- A gym
Organizations can be held accountable for the actions committed by their employees or volunteers. Sometimes, we discover that organizations actively work to cover up instances of sexual abuse. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for the perpetrators of sexual abuse to continue operating in an official capacity.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Athlete Sexual Abuse Attorney in California
If you or somebody you care about has been a victim of sexual abuse in a sports institution in the California area, contact the team at Greenberg Gross LLP for help with your case today. You have a limited amount of time to file these claims, and we want to ensure that you obtain justice and compensation for what happened. Our California athlete sexual abuse lawyers are ready to help you. Contact us today.