If you got hurt in a motorcycle accident or know someone who has, you already know how devastating it is to your life and future. Debilitating physical trauma, extensive medical bills, lost income, and overwhelming stress are just a few of the effects you may be experiencing. Unfortunately, financial strain also comes with them, but you could recover compensation to help ease unexpected hardships.
A Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer at Greenberg Gross can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the party responsible for the crash. We offer a free case review to injury victims so they can learn about their legal options.
Motorcycle Accident Victims Have a Right to Recover Damages From the At-fault Driver
California law requires all drivers to maintain liability car insurance, as the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) explains. Drivers must carry coverage at the minimum limits of:
- $15,000 for bodily injury or death for one person
- $30,000 for bodily injury or death to more than one person
- $5,000 for property damage
What this means for you is if another driver hit you or caused the crash, they are responsible for paying for the losses you suffered up to their policy’s limits. You can file a claim against their insurance to recover financially.
Damages a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney Could Help You Recover
You likely have multiple items of damage as a result of the accident. Our attorneys can determine which losses to pursue and how much you could request for each one. A demand for compensation can cover economic (financial) and non-economic (non-financial) losses, including any of the following:
- Present and future medical treatment costs
- Physical therapy
- Lost income due to missing work
- Reduced earning ability
- Replacement services
- Motorcycle damage
- Accident-related travel costs
- Physical trauma
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Decreased quality of life
Evidence to Show Proof of Damages
Our Sacramento motorcycle accident injury lawyers carefully evaluate your financial losses and pain and suffering using appropriate evidence. For instance, we might utilize:
- Medical invoices, statements
- Pay stubs
- Photos or videos of your injuries
- A letter from your employer
- Receipts and bills
- Bank statements
- Medical records
- Testimony from relevant experts in fields of medicine, finances, life care planning, disability, etc.
Benefits of Working With a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Our Firm
Our law firm serving Sacramento, CA, is committed to providing unparalleled client services and delivering results. We’ve recovered more than $300 million for our clients, and we will bring the same passion used to obtain those victories to fight for you.
We care for and listen to our clients so that we can be the strong voice you need against insurance agencies and large corporations who take advantage of injury victims. The benefits of choosing our firm and working with a motorcycle accident attorney serving Sacramento include:
- Free consultations
- No upfront or out-of-pocket legal fees
- Caring and passionate legal advocates
- Client-focused service
- Representation by injury attorneys a part of an award-winning litigation law firm
- Decades of combined legal experience fighting clients in high-stakes cases with positive outcomes
Who Is Liable for My Sacramento Motorcycle Accident?
The liable party that caused the crash. In many cases, this is the driver of the vehicle that hit you, but there may be others who played a role in the collision. Potentially liable parties in a motorcycle accident are:
- The other driver
- The driver’s employer (if on duty at the time)
- Local government if road conditions contributed to the crash
- Tire manufacturer
- Vehicle manufacturer
Our injury lawyers will perform a workup of your motorcycle crash to determine who caused it and what factors played a role. More than one party may bear liability in your case.
Time Limit for Filing Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Sacramento, CA
California law allows motorcycle crash victims two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit for their damages, per CCP § 335.1. Depending on the circumstances, the law may allow an exception in your case. Building a compelling case for compensation requires time to investigate, gather documentation, complete medical treatments, and communicate with the insurance company. Therefore, you should not wait to contact our law firm.
We prepare each case for trial from the start and want to ensure we have adequate time to file your case in court before the statute of limitations expires.
Can I Afford a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney to Work on My Case?
At Greenberg Gross, obtaining the help of a personal injury lawyer is affordable because we do not charge you any upfront legal fees or out-of-pocket costs. You only pay your motorcycle accident lawyer if they win your case. If we do not secure you compensation, you will not owe our law firm any fee.
Any amount you pay in legal fees will be a pre-discussed percentage of the compensation we help you obtain. We want you to focus on your physical and emotional recovery, not stress out over how you can pay for the legal assistance you need.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Left turns: Nearly 40% of motorcycle accidents involving just one other vehicle occur when drivers are making left turns. Drivers often fail to yield the right of way to the rider.
- Obstructed view: Motorcycles might be hidden in a driver’s blind spot, or a larger vehicle, like a truck, may obstruct the driver’s view of the motorcycle.
- Lane changes: Motorcycle riders often change lanes to adjust to traffic and road conditions. Drivers may lose track of them. Nonetheless, they have a responsibility to remain aware and attentive on the road.
- Unsafe road conditions and weather: Riders must constantly shift their speed, avoid hazards on the road like cracks or potholes, and quickly adapt to what other drivers are doing. These factors increase the risk of a crash. Rainy or windy weather also makes it more challenging to ride as motorcyclists will have to be careful around water and maintain control of the bike against the wind.
Call Us Today for Legal Help After Sacramento Motorcycle Accident
A Sacramento motorcycle accident injury lawyer at Greenberg Gross will consider all viable possibilities of what caused the crash and work to hold those responsible accountable for your losses. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident in the Sacramento area, call us today for a free consultation. Let us help you recover the money you need to begin restoring your life.