Survivors of sexual assault often face deep physical, emotional, and psychological trauma. You should not have to worry about seeking justice on your own while dealing with the aftermath of sexual assault. A Bakersfield sexual assault lawyer can support you and help you fight for justice while you focus on recovery.
Civil action can help sexual assault survivors obtain financial reparations for the losses they have had to endure. If you or a loved one is a survivor of sexual assault, our Bakersfield sexual assault lawyers from Greenberg Gross are here to guide you through the process of taking civil action. We can help you collect compensation from your abuser and any other parties that may have been involved.
How Can a Sexual Assault Lawyer Help Your Claim Reach a Fair Outcome?
If you are a sexual assault survivor, you should not have to deal with the stress of navigating the complex legal system alone. When you work with a sexual assault lawyer, you have more time to focus on healing. A lawyer from our firm will make you feel as safe and comfortable as you can while we help you fight for justice against your abuser.
Our Bakersfield sexual assault attorneys will be there to handle the legal legwork involved in filing a sexual assault claim or a lawsuit. We will listen to your story and use our experience working with cases like yours to hold the liable party accountable for their actions.
Here are some ways we can help with your sexual assault claim:
- Investigate your case and gather evidence such as images, video footage, medical records, witness testimonies, and any other assets that uncover information about the sexual assault
- Develop a case with arguments against the abuser
- Gather evidence that clearly demonstrates the liability of your abuser and any other at-fault parties
- Identify the full range of your economic and non-economic losses and calculate the total value of your case
- Submit all paperwork and any required documents within the legal deadline
- Negotiate with the defendant and their insurance or legal representation for fair compensation that accurately covers your losses
- Represent your case in court proceedings, if necessary
- Provide you with safe and compassionate guidance through the legal process
- Keep you updated about the progress of your case
A Bakersfield Sexual Assault Attorney from Greenberg Gross Can Help You Fight for Justice
A civil lawsuit against your abuser can help you recover financial reparations for various economic and non-economic damages you may have sustained during and in the aftermath of the assault.
Not all of these may apply to your specific case, but generally, here are some losses we may be able to help you recuperate through a sexual assault claim or lawsuit:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income, loss of future income, and loss of earning potential
- Costs of psychiatric treatments and other therapies you may need during recovery
- Cost of household services that are related to losses from the sexual assault
- Pain and suffering
- PTSD, anxiety, and depression
- Loss of quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disability
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our attorneys will listen to your story to understand the full extent of damages the sexual assault has caused you to suffer. We will consult with medical and economic experts to assign an accurate value to each loss and calculate a fair value for your claim.
The Statute of Limitations in Bakersfield
Each state has legal deadlines you must follow when filing a civil claim. These are known as the statute of limitations. Per Assembly Bill 218 (AB 218), which took effect in 2020, claimants have 22 years after turning 18 to file a claim. This window will expire when the claimant turns 40 years old.
Assembly Bill 218 (AB 218) also states that survivors have five years from the date they discovered psychological injury caused by their abuse to file a claim once they have turned 18. Adults who faced sexual assault have three years to file a lawsuit against their perpetrator. A sexual assault lawyer from our firm can help you understand the statute of limitations and keep track of deadlines to make sure your lawsuit is filed on time.
Greenberg Gross Represents Survivors of All Types of Sexual Assault Cases
Greenberg Gross can fight for sexual assault survivors in their pursuit of justice. Our lawyers will help you hold the individual, group, or institution that harmed you accountable.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Negotiations with the liable parties
- Attorneys who have experience litigating sexual assault cases that are complex and high-profile in nature
- Dedicated resources to thoroughly investigate your case, collect strong evidence, and build a compelling case
- A free, no-obligation consultation for all sexual assault survivors or their families
Types of Sexual Assault Cases We Handle
The lawyers at Greenberg Gross are familiar with sexual assault cases. We provide representation for survivors from various types of sexual assault incidents, including:
- Religious institution sexual abuse
- After school programs sexual abuse
- Athlete sexual abuse
- Girl Scouts sexual abuse
- Workplace sexual assault
- Film and TV industry sexual abuse
- Fashion and modeling industry sexual abuse
- Music industry sexual abuse
If you are a survivor of these or any other types of sexual assault, our Bakersfield sexual assault lawyers can review your case and help you hold your abuser accountable for their actions. You may be able to obtain the compensation you need to cover the expenses associated with your assault.
Contact Greenberg Gross for a Free Case Review
If you or a loved one is a sexual assault survivor in Bakersfield, the attorneys at Greenberg Gross can help you hold your abuser accountable for causing you harm.
We can discuss your case over a free and confidential consultation. Our team can inform you of your rights and explain your legal options. Contact Greenberg Gross today to get started on your case.