Did you suffer injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident? If so, California law entitles you to seek compensation for your losses. Should the insurance company deny your claim, an Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can help.
We understand that you may have costly medical bills, lost income due to missing work, and other expenses as a direct result of your accident. As you focus on healing during this stressful time, our law firm will handle your case.
We Can Seek Compensation for You
It can seem like a daunting task to seek compensation, especially when you are trying to focus on recovering from your injuries. But our law firm can take that daunting burden off your shoulders and take care of it on your behalf.
We handle personal injury cases all the time and there are key types of recoverable damages we can pursue so you can get the compensation you deserve to regain a sense of normalcy in your life.
Types of Recoverable Compensation
Our law firm will tirelessly explore every possible type of compensation you may be entitled to receive. The two main types of recoverable damages boil down to economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are monetary losses that you have suffered as a result of a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver. These types of damages are verifiable via documentation and include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Child care
- Property damage
- Cost of household services
- Lost wage & benefits
Non-economic damages are more challenging to prove but are no less valid to pursue. These non-monetary losses include:
- Loss of consortium (companionship)
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lower quality of life
If you suffered the loss of a loved one in a motorcycle accident, please accept our most heartfelt condolences. We understand this is a difficult time and we want to help.
California law allows surviving family members to seek wrongful death compensation under CCP § 377.60 if their loved one died as a result of negligence. Wrongful death damages typically cover medical expenses, lost income, and funeral costs.
In addition, you can seek justice by filing a municipal liability lawsuit against the government agency responsible for maintaining roads and highways. This applies if the cause of your motorcycle accident is a pothole, defective or malfunctioning traffic signals, an oil spill, or a foreign object.
Value of Your Compensation Claim
Calculating the value of any claim depends on several factors. As an at-fault state, California law holds that the person responsible for the accident bears responsibility for paying the damages.
California also applies an at-fault percentage so it is possible that both parties involved in the accident share responsibility, which could affect the value of your claim. There is also no cap on economic damages.
Other factors that will help determine the value of your claim include:
- Your injuries: The severity of your injuries has an impact on the value of your claim because you could have sustained minor injuries that did not require much medical attention or you sustained major injuries that required hospitalization and physical therapy.
- Cost of repairs: The value of your property and the cost of repair or replacement.
- Lost income & benefits: Your injuries could have forced you to miss work or rendered you permanently incapable of working.
We will work to calculate the value of your claim, including economic and non-economic damages, and wrongful death damages if applicable. Our firm has secured high-dollar settlements for clients.
Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Anaheim
Filing an insurance claim and taking further action to seek compensation is time-consuming and stressful, especially if you don’t know the ins and outs of the insurance and legal system. Our law firm has the knowledge necessary to fight for the compensation you need. We also have compassion and offer personal service that you can count on during this time.
There are several benefits of hiring an Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer. We will:
- Listen to you: You want someone to listen to your side of the story and take your case seriously. We take the time to get to know you so we can tailor a solution to your specific needs and goals.
- Investigate the accident: We will thoroughly investigate the accident to build a strong compensation case on your behalf. That includes gathering whatever evidence or records we need, including photographs, video, witness accounts, police reports, and medical records.
- Calculate the value of your claim: You want a fair settlement, so we will calculate the value of your claim in order to seek fair compensation that will cover your losses.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies typically offer low payouts that won’t cover your losses. This is unacceptable to us. We will negotiate with the insurance companies in an effort to recover the full value of your claim.
- Represent you in court: In the event that negotiations fall through, we will prepare your case for trial and represent you. Every attorney at our firm is a trained trial lawyer.
Cost of a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Anaheim
Our firm believes that you should not have to worry about paying us for our services until after we win your case and recover compensation for you. After all, you need to focus on your recovery while we do all of the heavy lifting on your case.
We also offer free consultations so you can talk to us about your case without paying a dime. There are no upfront costs, either. Your attorney will explain how all of this works in more detail.
Statute of Limitations
Unfortunately, there is a time limit for when you can file a lawsuit to recover damages. Once this deadline passes, you lose your right to seek compensation.
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years. The limit for wrongful death claims is also two years. These deadlines are set by California law under CCP § 335.1.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Anaheim?
We strongly advise you to obtain representation if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident. Our law firm can help you seek justice and recover the compensation you deserve.
You do not have to fight this battle alone. We will be there for you every step of the way. If you need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Anaheim, contact Greenberg Gross LLP for a free consultation today. It’s time to get your life back.