You do not have to handle your motorcycle injury claim by yourself. Instead, a San Fernando Valley motorcycle accident lawyer from Greenberg Gross can take care of your claim so that you can focus on recuperating from your injuries.
How an Attorney Can Assist with Your Motorcycle Accident Case
After getting injured in a motorcycle crash, the last thing you should have to do is handle your injury claim on your own. When we handle your motorcycle accident claim, all you have to think about is getting better. You can leave the rest to us.
Here are a few of the many services we provide for our clients when handling their motorcycle accident cases:
- We can work with the insurance company for your claim on your behalf. You will no longer have to deal with constant demands from the claims adjuster for more information because we will take care of those things for you. In addition, if the insurance company contacts you after we get on board with your case, all you have to tell them is that they can talk to your lawyer.
- You will not have to negotiate with the claims adjuster to try to settle your case. Instead, we will negotiate with the insurer and try to reach a fair settlement. We will work closely with you during this process so that you know what is going on with your case.
- We can file a lawsuit if the case does not settle before the statute of limitations expires or if, for some other reason, we feel it is appropriate to file suit. Sometimes, insurance companies only take cases seriously once people file a lawsuit.
- Please realize that filing a lawsuit does not prevent us from continuing to negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company. In addition, most personal injury lawsuits settle without going to trial. Therefore, we will continue to try to resolve your case by whatever means are appropriate, including settlement.
- Getting a case ready for trial involves a mountain of hard work. The discovery phase can include depositions, interrogatories, and requests for admissions. We will not only take care of these matters, but we will also handle other tasks for you.
- If the case goes to trial, we will handle the trial for you and advocate to get all the compensation you deserve.
Our clients get the rest they need to allow their bodies to recuperate from their wounds when we are on the case.
Catastrophic Injuries and Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcyclists have a much higher likelihood of life-changing or fatal injuries in a collision than occupants of cars and trucks. Some of the debilitating injuries riders suffer in motorcycle crashes include:
- Head injuries, like concussions, skull fractures, brain bleeds, and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Neck and back injuries, including herniated discs, dislocated vertebrae, fractures, and spinal cord damage with or without paralysis.
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries caused by the initial impact of the collision and the second impact from landing after being thrown by the crash.
These are a few examples of the many injuries a person can sustain from a motorcycle accident. Sometimes, unfortunately, the motorcyclist does not survive the crash.
Determining the Settlement Value of Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
We will need to talk to you and investigate your accident before determining the approximate monetary value of your claim. Here are some of the potential monetary damages we will explore:
- Lost wages. Any income you missed because of your injuries is a financial loss that we can add to your claim.
- Lost future wages. If you still struggle with some issues after completing your medical treatment, you might not be able to earn as much money as before the crash. For example, if you have long-term impairment from your injuries, you might have to cut back your hours or take a position that pays less.
- Disability. Sometimes, devastating injuries from a motorcycle collision leave a person unable to support themselves through gainful employment.
- Medical expenses. Generally, we can include the cost of the healthcare services required to treat your injuries.
- Future medical costs. You might need ongoing medical treatments because of the damage your body took in the motorcycle crash.
- Long-term care. After a catastrophic injury, like a severe head wound or spinal cord damage, a person might not be able to live independently. The expense of a long-term care facility like a nursing home can be astronomical.
- Pain and suffering. The physical discomfort you experienced, and the mental anxiety and inconvenience have financial value. Therefore, it is not enough just to get your medical bills paid.
- Other intangible losses. You might have disfigurement from extensive scars resulting from your wounds or medical interventions. Loss of enjoyment of life can develop if a person can no longer perform certain activities they used to enjoy before the collision. In addition, many people develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after a horrific crash.
Also, if you lost a loved one because of a motorcycle accident that was someone else’s fault, we might be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit that seeks additional compensation for you.
Your Time is Limited to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
You only have two years in California to file a lawsuit for your personal injuries under CCP § 335.1. The filing deadline is the same under CCP § 335.1 for wrongful death cases.
The American Bar Association (ABA) warns that you could forever lose the right to go after compensation for your losses if you do not file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires. Only filing a lawsuit in the appropriate court will satisfy the filing deadline. Filing a claim and trying to negotiate a settlement will not protect your right to compensation.
Get Started with a San Fernando Valley Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Getting started with a San Fernando Valley motorcycle accident lawyer from Greenberg Gross is easy. All you need to do is contact us for an initial consultation. During the consultation, we can discuss your claim and the legal options that may be available to you.