Public schools can be a dangerous place when authority figures act as predators. If you or a loved one suffered sexual abuse as a student in a Sacramento public school, you can pursue justice through the civil legal system.
Greenberg Gross LLP fights for survivors. A Sacramento public school sexual abuse lawyer from our firm will work to hold liable parties accountable.
Who Is Legally Responsible for Sexual Abuse in a Sacramento Public School?
The public school, school district, and certain individuals may be legally responsible when sexual abuse happens. An attorney from our firm will review your case to identify all liable parties.
Depending on the circumstances of your or your loved one’s abuse, we may name as defendants:
- A teacher who committed sexual abuse
- An administrator who committed or failed to detect sexual abuse
- The school district
- Individuals employed within or outside the public school system who perpetrated, or failed to stop, abuse of a public school student
Each case presents us with unique circumstances. Our team will identify all parties with legal liability for the sexual abuse in question.
Circumstances That May Warrant a Lawsuit Against Liable Parties
The sexual abuse in question did not have to occur in the school. You may choose to pursue legal action for:
- Attempted or completed sexual contact on school grounds by an administrator, teacher, or another public school employee
- Attempted or completed sexual contact by a public school employee outside of school grounds
- Online advances by a public school employee toward a student
- Any other sexual advance, written, spoken, or physical, by a public school employee towards a student
Note that high school students are generally minors. Any sexual contact between a teacher or administrator and a student is generally illegal.
You Should Hire Greenberg Gross LLP After an Instance of Public School Sexual Abuse in Sacramento County
Our firm makes it a mission to get justice for victims of sexual abuse. We understand how traumatic these experiences are, especially for those who suffer abuse at a young age—as victims of public school sexual abuse generally do.
Our team serving Sacramento operates with the utmost compassion for survivors. We’ll handle every step of your case, shielding you from the details of the legal process. You may choose Greenberg Gross as your law firm of choice because:
- There’s no substitute for relevant case experience: We have handled many sexual abuse cases, including those that involve public school students. There is no substitute for this degree of experience. We know the many challenges that can arise during a public school sexual abuse case. We’ll be ready for those challenges as we start your case.
- Client service is a pillar of our firm: While case results are undeniably important, client service is equally so. We will take every extra step to meet your needs as a client. Active communication, compassion, and tenacity are all guaranteed when you hire Greenberg Gross for your case in Sacramento.
- We have results on our resume: Results, along with service, are ultimately how clients gauge a law firm. Our team has secured recoveries of $3.3 million, $2.5 million, and other significant sums for our clients.
We know and understand the civil legal system in Sacramento. A lawyer from Greenberg Gross will lead your public school sexual abuse case. You can focus on your own well-being or helping a loved one recover from their trauma.
How Our Lawyers Will Assist You
We do everything necessary to complete a sexual abuse case in Sacramento. In cases involving public school students, our responsibilities may include:
- Identifying the individual(s) who perpetrated the abuse: There is no telling who has the capacity to violate a student. Our firm will maintain an open mind, considering all the facts and evidence as we investigate your case. We will not only identify those who committed sexual abuse but also anyone who permitted the abuse to happen.
- Identifying and calculating your damages: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that sexual abuse takes a great toll on young people. You may have many damages because of abuse, including physical and psychological injuries.
- Forming and executing a legal strategy: As lawyers, we know various strategies to use in sexual abuse cases. We will personalize a strategy, a legal strategy for your case, then use that strategy to seek the financial recovery you deserve.
- Handling case-related communications: We’ll lead case-related communications. This will protect you, as multiple parties may want to twist your words, coerce you into an unfair settlement, or undermine your case in other ways. We’ll be the barrier between them and you.
- Negotiating a settlement: We generally try to settle for our clients, as this may be the most efficient resolution for a sexual abuse case in Sacramento. We are also willing to take your case to trial if we need to.
Victims like you or your child should never have to re-experience the trauma. By allowing a Sacramento public school sexual abuse lawyer from our firm to handle your case, you won’t have to. We can seek justice for your abuse while protecting your mental health.
Recoverable Damages in a Sacramento Public School Sexual Abuse Case
Sexual abuse is a life-changing and traumatic experience, and we don’t take it lightly. Our term will do our due diligence, identifying every way in which your abuse has affected your life.
Your recoverable damages may include:
- All abuse-related medical expenses
- Pain and suffering, which is a certainty among victims of sexual abuse
- Lost income and earning power
- Lost quality of life
- Specific difficulties resulting from your abuse, including a lack of romantic relationships, substance abuse problems, suicidal thoughts, and other problems that you’d rather not experience
Every victim of abuse in a public school has a story. We’re ready to hear yours.
Call Greenberg Gross Today for a Free Consultation
Don’t wait to hire a Sacramento public school sexual abuse lawyer from Greenberg Gross. We may have a limited window for filing your case, and we don’t want to miss it. Your financial recovery could depend on filing your lawsuit on time.
Call Greenberg Gross today for a free consultation. We don’t get a fee unless we secure justice for you or your loved one.