Were you involved in a bicycle accident riding along the Griffith Park Trail or through downtown? Did you sustain severe injuries that left you with a stack of medical bills you can’t pay because you couldn’t work for a lengthy period? If so, a Los Angeles bicycle accident lawyer from Greenberg Gross can guide you through the claims process and fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve.
A Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Attorney Can Seek Recoverable Damages
Cyclists are more vulnerable on the road than motor vehicle drivers. Thus, they often suffer more severe injuries in an accident. These injuries typically result in substantial financial losses that require compensation.
However, insurance companies can be difficult to deal with. That’s when a personal injury lawyer from our firm can step in to negotiate on your behalf and file a lawsuit if necessary to seek fair compensation for you and your family.
Types of Damages We Can Recover for Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Our law firm can seek economic and noneconomic damages for losses you’ve sustained due to a bicycle accident. In addition, we can pursue wrongful death damages if you’ve lost a loved one.
Economic damages are verifiable monetary losses you suffered due to your injuries. They include the following:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Child care
- Lost income and benefits
- Future medical costs
Noneconomic damages cover intangible losses that don’t have a qualitative value, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship with your spouse
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Damages
Under California law, surviving family members can seek wrongful death compensation if their loved one dies because of someone else’s negligence. These awards usually cover medical bills, loss of income, funeral costs, and the emotional loss your family has experienced.
If a loved one passed away from bicycle accident injuries, please accept our sincerest condolences for your loss. We understand this is a difficult time, and we want to help by handling your case while you take the time to grieve and heal.
What Is the Potential Value of Your Case?
California is an at-fault state, meaning the person responsible for an accident is also responsible for paying the damages. So, our firm will calculate the value of your claim to determine how much compensation you deserve.
The value of your claim depends on many factors, including the following:
- Severity of your injuries: Your medical bills will factor heavily into the final calculation of your compensation claim. These injuries range from minor cuts and bruises to more serious injuries like broken bones, concussions, and other internal injuries.
- Property damage: An accident can seriously damage your bicycle and various personal items you carried at the time of the crash.
- Lost income and benefits: If your injuries forced you to miss work or resulted in your inability to work again, you also need compensation to cover these losses.
While California is an at-fault state, it also apportions blame to each party. That means your compensation will depend on the percentage of responsibility you bear for the accident.
What Can a Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer Do For You?
It’s stressful and frustrating enough to adjust to an accident’s aftermath. You should not have to worry about dealing with insurance companies at the same time.
When you file an insurance claim seeking compensation, the adjuster will most likely offer to settle the claim. However, these offers are typically low and may only cover some of your losses.
Working with an attorney from our firm who specializes in personal injury law allows you to focus on your recovery while we handle these aspects of your case:
- Investigating the accident: We will thoroughly investigate by gathering evidence, testimony, and records to build a compelling case.
- Calculating the value of your claim: Our firm will determine how much your claim is worth, so you can get the compensation you need to cover your losses and pay your bills.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies: Insurance companies have their lawyers. Having an attorney in your corner to negotiate on your behalf levels the playing field.
- Representing you in court: Every lawyer at our firm is a trial lawyer. We prepare every case for court in the event we must file a lawsuit to recover compensation for you.
Cost of a Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Your case is important to us, and we take every case seriously. Thus, you should not have to worry about the cost of our services during this time. Instead, we offer free consultations and require no upfront costs.
Furthermore, you only pay us if we win your case and you receive the compensation you need. Your lawyer will explain how this works in more detail and answer any questions you have about your case.
How Much Time Do I Have to Act Following a Bicycle Accident?
You have a limited time to file a lawsuit if the insurance company denies your claim or doesn’t offer you enough compensation.
The statute of limitations to pursue legal action for a personal injury or a wrongful death claim in California is two years per CCP § 335.1. Once this deadline passes, you cannot recover damages through legal action. That’s why you must start building your case immediately.
Contact a Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Our law firm is dedicated to fighting for clients like you who sustained severe injuries in a bicycle accident and now seek compensation. You are not alone in this fight. You are entitled to receive fair compensation and regain a sense of normalcy. We have recovered substantial settlements for our clients. So, an attorney from our firm can discuss the value of your claim with you in more detail during a free consultation.
A Los Angeles bicycle accident attorney from Greenberg Gross can help you understand and exercise your legal rights. Contact us for a free consultation today.