Every day in San Fernando Valley, car accidents happen. You defend yourself against your losses by carrying insurance, which is required to drive on California roadways. In an accident, you don’t expect to have to fight with insurance companies to get compensation, but it often happens. You could work with a San Fernando Valley car accident lawyer from Greenberg Gross for help with the claims process.
Our law firm dedicates its work to helping victims. We work tirelessly so our clients get the compensation they’re entitled to. When a reckless driver injures you, the costs can add up quickly. You don’t want to be re-victimized by having to cover the losses out of pocket. Let us help.
We Can Help Get You Recoverable Damages
A car accident claim is worth the sum total of your individual losses. When you add up the damages to your vehicle and hospital bills, the costs mount rapidly. When someone is negligent on the roadways, it should not leave you stuck with the bill. Our legal advocates can help you collect the compensation you deserve.
You will receive all of the negotiated settlement minus any legal fees. Your compensation can include both economic and non-economic losses. That means any financial losses you incurred plus any emotional damages. You deserve to be made whole.
Common Types of Economic Damages
- Repair or replacement costs for property damage
- Temporary transportation costs
- Medical expenses
- Prescriptions costs
- Physician bills
- Travel to medical treatment
- Lost wages
Common Types of Non-economic Damages
- Mental anguish
- Accident-induced PTSD
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of society
- Depression caused by the accident or injuries
- Loss of limbs
The Benefits of Hiring Our Personal Injury Lawyer for Car Accident Victims in San Fernando Valley
Many overlook the benefits of an accident attorney because they think they can handle their personal injury claim themselves. Our firm benefits our clients by protecting their rights and health because stress can prolong your recovery. It also is a detriment to your health.
Part of winning your case is presenting your claim and demonstrating the other driver was negligent. Insurance companies try to reduce their payouts often by blaming the victim. We will stand between you and the insurer and not allow them to blame you. You deserve to be compensated for all your damages.
Here are some of the ways our office can benefit you:
Maximize Your Compensation
Insurance companies hire professional negotiators and attorneys to minimize any payouts. When you signed up for your policy, you expected your insurance would cover any losses. Our team has one priority – – you. We work against the insurance company’s tactics to ensure your settlement is fair.
Make the Process Simple
Managing day-to-day tasks can be much more difficult when you are in pain. The stress from keeping up with medical appointments and worrying about bills can be draining. Our law firm manages your entire claim from start to finish. We make the whole legal process simple for you. You can focus on healing.
Investigate the Cause of the Collision
While the insurance company will work to divert the blame on the victim, we can determine the initial cause of the crash. We use science and evidence to demonstrate your side of the case.
Gather Evidence to Prove Your Side
We work to win for our clients. We can gather evidence to demonstrate your losses. Our legal representatives can collect your medical records, pull your police reports, subpoena phone records, and interview eyewitnesses to get their statements.
An Affordable Way to Manage Your Claim
Beyond convenience, we offer an affordable way to manage your claim. There are no upfront costs to be concerned with at a time when money might be tight. Our convenient payment arrangement will allow us to manage your entire claim and deduct any fees from your settlement. If we don’t win, you owe us nothing. You can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Watch for Deadlines to File Your Lawsuit
California code CCP § 335.1 determines the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in the state. It includes car accident lawsuits. From the date of your accident, the state allows you up to two years to file. Two years seems like a long time, but there is plenty to do to ensure a strong case. So, don’t wait to reach out to us. The sooner you get legal help, the better.
Mistakes to Avoid After Your Car Accident
Immediately after the crash, you and your attorney will take some very important steps to secure your health and your case. If you’re at the accident scene, the most important things to do include calling the police, getting medical attention, and collecting evidence. However, with tension running high, it can be easy to make mistakes that give the insurance company leeway to diminish the value of your claim.
Here are some mistakes to avoid:
- Apologizing. If you’re in good enough health to check on the other crash victims, do so; however, don’t apologize to anyone. While well-meaning, this kind gesture could give witnesses and police officers the idea that you’re the one to blame. You can, however, convey your sympathy in other ways.
- Editorialize your police statement. Tell the officer exactly what happened, but it would be prudent to avoid adding your opinions on the cause or responsible party. Only tell them what you saw and experienced.
- Giving an official statement to the insurance company without talking to a lawyer. Whether you’re speaking to your own insurance company or the other party’s, it would be a good idea to wait on giving your official statement. You can alert your insurance company that you’ve been in a crash, but otherwise, wait until you’ve gotten legal counsel to give anyone the details.
- Turning down medical care or saying you’re not injured. After a traumatic event like a car accident, it can be difficult to tell where the pain is and what may be injured. Allow a professional to examine you at the scene if possible. If you don’t receive on-site attention, definitely see your physician.
- Posting about the accident on social media. We know that a car accident is a significant life event. However, it would be best to tell everyone who needs to know over the phone or in person. You don’t want to give the other party any ammunition to use against you in court.
- Settling before your attorney can look over your agreement. It’s fairly common for insurance companies to offer an early, insufficient settlement. It would be unwise to accept because you won’t know what the total amount of your losses will be until further down the line. Plus, it will bar you from any additional compensation.
It can certainly feel like a lot to manage. If you’re worried about making a mistake that could hurt your case, or if you need guidance about what to do next, our personal injury attorneys can help.
Top Causes of Car Accidents in California
We will determine what caused the collision. Accidents can happen for several reasons, but here are a few of the most common ones:
- Aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving – talking, eating, or changing music
Finding the Right Legal Advocate
While choosing a representative, please get to know our law firm. We have the resources and knowledge to defend your claim against insurance companies. They hire attorneys to work hard to minimize any payouts. When you are hurt, managing pain and injuries is no time to endure the extra stress of negotiation with someone who isn’t on your side. We can stand up to insurance companies and get you the money you need.
Our Lawyers Can Help You with Your San Fernando Valley Car Accident Case
When you are injured in a Los Angeles County collision, call Greenberg Gross. Our team stands up for victims, and we know how to fight large insurance corporations. Your San Fernando Valley car accident lawyer can manage all parts of an accident claim from filing to negotiating your financial recovery. When you get our help, you only worry about your health and family. We’ve got you covered and will fight tirelessly for you.