Sexual abuse against a child can have a lifelong emotional and psychological effect on the survivor. Many of these crimes are perpetrated by individuals the child trusted or should have been able to trust. If you were the victim of child sexual abuse, our San Fernando Valley child sexual abuse lawyer will help you fight for financial compensation from the perpetrator.
You could also be entitled to compensation from others who were in a position to protect you and failed to do so. At Greenberg Gross, we support your right to see the liable parties brought to criminal justice. We are equally committed to helping child sexual abuse victims recover financial damages. This form of recovery can provide you with the resources you need to cover the costs associated with your recovery. Our goal is to ensure you obtain it.
Trust Our Child Sexual Abuse Lawyer to Fight for Your Recovery
When we represent you in one of our child sexual abuse practice areas, we work hard to make sure your case gets the attention to detail it deserves. We also make sure you receive the ongoing support your recovery requires.
Our client-focused team will:
- Listen carefully to your version of events
- Update you on the progress of your case
- Explain California child sexual abuse law
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
We do everything we can to build a strong case for monetary recovery. We also make sure you are aware of each step of the recovery process.
How Hiring Our Law Firm Helps Your Case
Our legal team knows that child sexual abuse cases are sensitive. We work hard to take on all the legal complexities of your case, so you can focus on you. We take on large institutions and organizations and their legal and insurance representatives for you.
We level the playing field for you by:
- Conducting an independent investigation into your case
- Requesting documents and evidence you might find hard to obtain
- Respecting and maintaining your privacy at your request
- Consulting compensation and recovery experts
- Ensuring compliance with the statute of limitations
We also handle the back-and-forth process of settling your case. We will handle all legal proceedings on your behalf. If necessary, we prepare your case and any exhibits for the court process.
Child Sexual Abuse Cases We Handle for San Fernando Valley Clients
You do not have to fight back without legal support when our law firm is on your side. Our law firm is devoted to helping the well-being and recovery of child sexual abuse survivors. We advocate for you if your abuse occurred in any of the following ways:
- After-school programs sexual abuse
- Boys & Girls Club sexual abuse
- Daycare center sexual abuse
- Equestrian trainer sexual abuse
- Juvenile detention sexual abuse
- Summer camp sexual abuse
- Girl Scouts sexual abuse
- Public school sexual abuse
- Private school sexual abuse
- YMCA sexual abuse
At Greenberg Gross, our legal team fights hard to protect all children who were victimized by sexual abuse. If your specific instance of abuse does not appear on this list, we will still stand up for you.
Proving Liability in Your San Fernando Valley Child Sexual Abuse Case
When we handle your case, we identify the right party or parties to pursue and start proving liability right away. We will thoroughly investigate your case. To document liability, we will obtain:
- Your medical records
- Lay witness statements
- Expert witness testimonial
- Relevant forensic evidence
Our lawyers understand the sensitive nature of much of the evidence we collect for you and will protect your evidence and your identity whenever possible. At Greenberg Gross, we fight tirelessly for the financial compensation you are entitled to recover.
We work hard to treat you like a person, not like a case file. Our San Fernando Valley child sexual abuse lawyer will support you throughout the monetary recovery process.
You Are Entitled to Recover Damages as a Child Sexual Abuse Survivor
Our sexual abuse attorneys understand the myriad reasons you might have for pursuing monetary recovery as a survivor of child sexual abuse. You could hope to prevent harm to others or to receive the ongoing support your own recovery requires.
We help you recover the following types of damages:
- Compensation for all medical care you required to recover from any physical injuries you sustained due to the abuse
- Compensation for all mental health care you require to foster your emotional and psychological recovery
- Compensation to recover income losses related to your abuse, treatment, or the possibly lengthy and involved recovery process
Your case may involve recovery of additional forms of compensation. We carefully itemize all the damages you are entitled to recover. Our representation goal is to obtain the best possible outcome for you, and we stop at nothing to achieve it.
Your Right to Recover Damages Has a Time Limit
California recently extended the amount of time child sexual abuse survivors have to pursue financial recovery. According to AB 218, because you were a minor at the time the abuse occurred, the law generally allows you:
- Up to 22 years from the time that you reach legal majority (18 years of age)
- Up to five years from the time you discover an abuse-related physical or emotional injury or illness
You do not have to make these complex calculations on your own, nor do you have to risk misinterpreting or misunderstanding the statute of limitations. Let our legal team handle this for you and make sure your potential lawsuit complies with the state’s filing deadline.
Call for Your Free Consultation Today
At Greenberg Gross, we fight for justice and financial compensation. Our San Fernando Valley child sexual abuse lawyer helps clients hold the perpetrator of their abuse responsible for their actions. We fight hard to negotiate a favorable settlement for you or will take your case to trial.
Learn more about our compassionate legal service and support by contacting one of our team members for your free case review today.