Accidents involving large trucks on I-405 or U.S. 101 can cause devastating damage. The injuries you sustained from a truck accident can disrupt your daily life and affect your ability to live as you did before the accident. However, you have the right to seek compensation from whoever is responsible for your injuries.
A San Fernando Valley truck accident lawyer from Greenberg Gross will fight for the compensation you need following the accident. As you deal with the effects of injuries resulting from someone else’s negligence, let us handle the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on the road to recovery.
Benefits of Working with a Greenberg Gross Truck Accident Attorney
At Greenberg Gross, we understand a truck accident can leave you with severe injuries, mounting medical bills, significant trauma, and property damages. Thus, we’ll fight for your rights while you focus on recovering from your injuries. The benefits of choosing an attorney from our team include:
- We provide free consultations to see how we can best serve you. During our initial meeting, we will listen to you and answer any questions. We can also discuss all costs and fees upfront. Finally, if we don’t win, we have a no-fee guarantee.
- We support you throughout the process and advocate for you while communicating with all parties involved on your behalf.
- We will determine the value of your case, investigate your claim, and prove the at-fault party’s responsibility for your accident.
An attorney from Greenberg Gross will keep you updated on your case while you focus on your recovery. Our personal injury lawyers know how to offer each client personalized attention. So, we get to know you and your case, ensuring our services fit your needs.
We Understand the Effects of Your Truck Accident and Can Seek Damages
Many factors affect your case. Thus, our attorneys can review your damages to determine the financial awards you should receive. You could recover economic and noneconomic damages depending on your losses after the accident.
Economic Damages in Truck Accident Cases
Economic damages compensate for tangible losses such as medical care or vehicle repairs. So, you could receive these awards after sustaining injuries in a truck accident:
- Medical costs. These expenses include the emergency care you received after the accident and future medical expenses such as physical therapy, primary care provider appointments, medications, or surgeries. We will estimate all the future medical care you need and calculate their value.
- Costs of lifestyle changes. If your injuries lead to a disability, you could recover compensation for the costs of adapting your residence or assisted-living facilities that provide in-home nursing care or assistance.
- Changes in income. You could recover wages if you cannot work for a significant period while you heal from your injuries. You might also recover for reduced earning capacity if the accident has resulted in permanent disabilities.
- Property repairs. Insurance may not cover the total cost of repairing your property. However, you could receive a financial award to fix or replace your vehicle based on fair market value.
- Funeral costs. The family of a personal injury victim could recover costs for end-of-life expenditures if they passed away due to someone else’s negligence.
Noneconomic Damages in Truck Accident Cases
Noneconomic damages account for the accident’s intangible and emotional toll on you. For example, you could recover an award for these noneconomic losses:
- Pain and suffering. You could receive compensation for the emotional, mental, or physical discomfort you experienced because of the accident. Also, if you cannot find pleasure in the same activities you did prior to the accident, you could recover compensation.
- Loss of consortium. Spouses of personal injury victims may receive a monetary award for loss of companionship and emotional support.
Determining the value of these losses can take time and effort. However, one of our team members will evaluate each damage with you and calculate the appropriate amount to request in your claim or lawsuit.
We Will Keep Vital Deadlines in Mind for Your Truck Accident Case
The statute of limitations for cases arising from truck accidents in California must comply with the statute of limitations. In California, CCP § 335.1 states you have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Common Causes of San Fernando Valley Truck Accidents
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has regulations put into place to keep truck drivers and others safe on the road. Unfortunately, accidents still happen, and when they do, you could hold the truck driver, trucking company, or other drivers liable for the accident.
Our investigation will look for common factors that cause truck accidents, including truck driver fatigue, drug use, driver error, or equipment issues. We understand how fatigued truck drivers can cause accidents because:
- They have impaired judgment and misjudge driving conditions, leading to an inability to control the truck
- They have reduced reaction times to traffic signals, stalled traffic, and other road hazards
When Can I Hold a Truck Company Liable for a Collision?
Common factors that could make the trucking company liable for the accident include:
- Insufficient or improper maintenance of its vehicles
- Inadequate training of drivers before allowing them on the road
- Improper cargo loading
Our truck accident lawyers serving the San Fernando Valley will investigate the cause of your crash. Then, we’ll gather the necessary evidence to prove the at-fault party is liable for your accident and seek the compensation you deserve.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
Once you and others are safe, you can gather the information that our attorneys can use to prepare your case. So, be sure to do the following:
- Obtain truck driver’s information, including insurance, contact information, and company name if applicable
- Take photos or videos of vehicle damage and your injuries
- Record truck company logos or signage
- Get names and contact information of witnesses
Contact a San Fernando Valley Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Speaking to our team immediately after the accident allows our lawyers to prepare themselves to tackle your case and ensures you will meet all deadlines. Protect your rights to the compensation your family needs following a truck accident in the San Fernando Valley by contacting Greenberg Gross today for your free, no-obligation consultation.