An estimated one in six women, and one in 33 men, are the victim of attempted or completed sexual assault in their lifetime, per the U.S. Department of Justice (p.13). Every single one of these victims counts. Greenberg Gross can pursue justice for you or a loved one who suffered a sexual assault in San Diego.
A San Diego sexual assault lawyer from our firm will provide every legal service you need. We’ll fight for your financial recovery while showing you the utmost compassion.
How a Sexual Assault Lawyer from Greenberg Gross Will Lead Your Case in San Diego
You shouldn’t have to worry about the details of a sexual assault-related lawsuit. Furthermore, you really shouldn’t have to come face-to-face with the details of your sexual assault. You’ve been through enough already, and Greenberg Gross will take it from here.
Our team knows sexual assault cases—it’s one of our primary practice areas. We’re prepared for every step your case will require, including:
- Investigation of your assault in San Diego: We want to have our own, firsthand facts when handling your case. While we’ll utilize police reports and other existing evidence, we’ll gather our own information too. This will ensure that we have all the facts heading into settlement negotiations.
- Calculation of your losses: We’ll determine the monetary value of your sexual assault in San Diego. This isn’t to be flippant about how serious your assault is. We must assign a dollar figure to your damages. This is a key step in seeking a settlement or judgment for you.
- Communications with parties involved in your case: Civil defense attorneys have their own agenda. If they can, these attorneys will generally deprive you of the compensation you deserve. We’ll handle all case-related communications. This will protect you from anyone who may want to harm your case.
- Settlement negotiations: We may be able to settle your case without going to trial. We’ll negotiate with representatives for the defendants in your case. If they’re willing to compensate you fairly and you accept the offer, then we may resolve your case with a settlement.
- Trial: If we need to take your case to trial, we won’t blink. Our firm acts in our clients’ best interests. If this means going to court, then we will.
Our priority is to defend you. We’ll protect your right to a financial recovery and shield you from the sensitive details of your case. Our other priority will be to win your case. Whether through settlement or verdict, we’ll fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Why do Victims of Sexual Assault Trust Greenberg Gross to Represent Them?
There are many reasons you might hire a San Diego sexual assault lawyer from Greenberg Gross. The trauma of your assault may be fresh, and you may want to avoid re-experiencing trauma at all costs. You may also have little time, energy, or legal knowledge, and this may lead you to rely on our firm for help.
Whatever your reason for hiring a lawyer, you’ve come to the right firm. Greenberg Gross:
- Regularly handles sexual assault cases, giving us a deep understanding of legal arguments, client needs, and potential challenges in your case
- Values the client, ensuring you can reach us whenever you need us and that you feel heard
- Seek the maximum financial recovery that you’re entitled to, never settling for a lesser amount
- Knows San Diego and its civil system, ensuring nothing will catch us off-guard during the legal process
Our team displays genuine care for our clients. You’ll quickly learn that Greenberg Gross will go the extra mile for you.
We Structure Our Fees with Our Clients in Mind
Our lawyers only receive a fee if they secure a settlement or judgment for the client. If we win, we get a cut. If we don’t, you owe us nothing. In fact, we do not accept any upfront or out-of-pocket compensation from clients.
This arrangement protects you from all financial risk.
We’ll Seek Coverage for Your Abuse-Related Damages in San Diego
Each client comes to our team with a unique story of damages. In cases of sexual assault, we often see:
- Pain and suffering: Sexual violence and pain are impossible to uncouple, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains. Our team will work with you and mental health professionals to understand your pain and suffering. We will then assign an appropriate figure to that pain and suffering.
- Medical costs: If you underwent an examination for your sexual assault or you’ve suffered assault-related injuries, we’ll seek coverage for your medical expenses.
- Personal problems: A sexual assault can make everything about your life more complicated. You may resort to substance abuse, may have difficulty maintaining personal and romantic relationships, and may endure other personal hardship. These types of harm may all qualify as recoverable damages.
- Other sources of financial hardship: A sexual assault may require you to miss work. Certain symptoms may make it difficult for you to work at all. We’ll account for lost income and any other sources of financial hardship related to your assault.
Sexual assaults are truly life-changing. We’ll determine precisely how your assault has negatively affected your life. Our team knows how to identify your losses while respecting your privacy, dignity, and mental health.
Call Greenberg Gross Today for a Free Consultation About Your Sexual Assault Case in San Diego County
Don’t wait to ask for help. Certain types of evidence may become less useful with time, and there may be legal deadlines for filing your case. A San Diego sexual assault lawyer is ready to fight for you today, so reach out as soon as you can.
Call Greenberg Gross today for your free consultation. There are no obligations when you call.