As one of the largest counties in the United States and home to more than 10,000 miles of roadways that serve as an international hub, it’s not surprising that San Bernardino sees its share of pedestrian accidents. If you or a loved one suffered injury after being struck by a car, you may be able to claim compensation from the at-fault party in California. The money you recover could help pay for medical expenses, lost income, or in the worst-case scenario, funeral and burial expenses.
You can turn to Greenberg Gross for help with your personal injury claim. A San Bernardino pedestrian accident lawyer on our team is available to hear your story and explain the legalities involved in your case during a free consultation.
No Upfront Legal Fees to Start Your San Bernardino Pedestrian Accident Case
On top of a free consultation, we also take our personal injury cases without any upfront fees. We know you may not be in a strong economic position if you’ve just suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident. We want to ease your financial burdens, not add to them. That’s why our pedestrian accident lawyers serving San Bernardino do not collect payment unless they win your case.
A victory in your injury accident claim allows us to receive payment for our services from the compensation we help you obtain. In short, if we don’t win, you don’t pay. Ensuring access to legal representation for those who have been hurt by the actions of others is integral to our mission as legal advocates.
How Much Compensation Could I Recover in a Pedestrian Accident Case?
The compensation you receive depends on your individual losses and your ability to recover damages. A San Bernardino pedestrian accident attorney will assess your potential damages (i.e., the money you could claim for your accident-related losses). We evaluate the money you’ve lost due to the accident, which will yield damages in direct proportion. Our attorneys also consider whether you’ve suffered beyond finances. For example, we ask questions like:
- Have your injuries impaired you?
- Are you in serious pain?
- Has your quality of life taken a downward turn?
- Are you struggling mentally or emotionally to cope with your injuries or the effects they’ve had on your life?
These non-economic losses reflect the greater impact of a pedestrian accident on your present and future. Therefore, we take pains to ensure we collect the appropriate information and evidence to show that you are suffering and include them in your claim.
Examples of Recoverable Damages
You could recover compensation for losses, such as:
- Ambulance rides and emergency services at the accident scene
- Hospital bills and ongoing medical treatment
- Mobility aids and other assistive devices
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Damaged property which may have been on you at the time of the collision
- Transportation expenses
- Long-term care
- Lost income and work benefits
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Punitive damages if the at-fault party demonstrated egregious actions
Wrongful Death Compensation After a Pedestrian Accident in San Bernardino
Unfortunately, many pedestrian accidents end in fatality. If your loved one lost their life after being struck by a motor vehicle, your family could be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party. The Code of Civil Procedure § 377.60 allows surviving family members to seek damages when their loved one has died due to the wrongful or negligent actions of another. Our San Bernardino wrongful death lawyers can help you recover compensation for:
- Final arrangement expenses (funeral, burial, cremation)
- Medical expenses prior to death
- Lost financial support
- Loss of services
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of affection
- Loss of protection
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
We Provide a Strong Voice for Pedestrian Accident Injury Victims
The pedestrian accident attorneys at our firm provide client-centered service. We know that those who come to us are experiencing some of the darkest moments of their lives. It’s our job and honor to support you with compassion and knowledge as we guide you through your claim for compensation.
The San Bernardino pedestrian accident attorneys at our firm listen intently to the facts of your case and the details of your story so they can tailor a plan of action that addresses your situation and recover the appropriate compensation. We advocate for our clients with a strong voice, fighting to protect your rights in the face of an insurance system that routinely works against the injured and those with limited financial means.
How Our San Bernardino Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Fight for You
Our San Bernardino pedestrian injury lawyers put their years of legal knowledge and litigation skills to use for you. Among the main tasks we handle, we will:
- Investigate the accident. Distracted or inattentive drivers, drunk drivers, speeding drivers, and drivers who fail to yield the right of way can cause pedestrian accidents. A significant portion of these also occurs at night when visibility is low. Our lawyers will investigate to find out what caused the crash.
- Gather proof of your losses. We compile documentation showing the amount of money you’ve lost and the hardships you’ve experienced due to the accident. Medical expenses, medical records, testimony from you or those you know, and expert opinion are a few examples of evidence we may present.
- Leverage our negotiation experience. As a boutique trial law firm, we have a staff of trained litigators with an arsenal of negotiation tactics at their disposal. We negotiate in your best interests for fair and full compensation.
- File a lawsuit for your financial recovery. We look forward to amicably settling your pedestrian accident case with the opposing party, but we prepare each case as if it’s going to trial. If negotiations don’t pan out as hoped, we’re ready to fight for what you deserve in court.
Hit and Run Accidents in California
Under Vehicle Code § 20002, all drivers involved in a car crash must immediately stop at the scene and render aid to anyone who suffered an injury. When a driver flees the crash scene, leaving behind an injured victim or killing them, they may face misdemeanor or felony charges, respectively. Fines, jail time, and restitution are a few of the consequences they can face.
If your pedestrian accident was a hit-and-run, our lawyers serving San Bernardino will work to find adequate evidence that uncovers the driver’s identity. We will seek to hold them accountable. It may not be possible to locate the negligent driver, but you may have other avenues for pursuing compensation if a third party contributed to the collision’s cause.
Call for Legal Help from the San Bernardino Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Greenberg Gross
For compassionate legal service and strong victim advocacy, you can count on us. A San Bernardino pedestrian accident lawyer can review your situation and walk you through your legal options and possible next steps in your case. Call Greenberg Gross today for a free consultation.