A car accident can leave you with injuries that vary greatly in severity and with substantial income loss. It can also take a psychological toll. You can hold the at-fault party accountable for the accident’s aftermath. This is where we come in. Our law firm is passionate about fighting for injured clients and the financial compensation you need and deserve.
You do not have to pursue the potentially liable driver or their insurance company on your own. When you turn to Greenberg Gross for legal service and support, our Palm Springs car accident lawyers never stop fighting for you. We start by reviewing your case at no cost and explaining the steps we take to build a solid case and fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Will Assess Your Potential Compensation
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) research cites reports that put the annual costs of car accidents across the state at:
- $49 million in medical costs
- $5.79 billion in lost productivity
This totals $5.83 billion and represents the economic impact of fatal car accidents. Accidents causing property damage, loss, and non-fatal injuries take an additional financial toll on individuals, families, and the nation as a whole.
When our car accident lawyers accept your case, we assess your specific damages and create a detailed list of the financial compensation you are entitled to receive.
Economic Damages After a Palm Springs Car Accident
The economic costs of a car accident start building right at the accident scene. Our car accident attorneys work hard to recover the following damages:
- Medical care costs, including emergency room, hospital admissions, follow-up care, rehab, assistive medical devices, and treatment-related travel expenses
- Lost wages including full- and part-time employment, business losses, and hard-to-prove income sources like freelance, self-employment or gig-economy income
- The costs of restoring your car to its pre-accident condition or replacing it at its current value if it is declared a total loss
The value of this portion of your case is supported by the evidence we gather, such as your bills, repair estimates, invoices, and receipts. Our investigation includes collecting these items from every healthcare professional and facility where you received treatment.
Recoverable Non-Economic Car Accident Damages
The potentially responsible party can also be held liable for your non-economic damages. These damages don’t come with a receipt and could be difficult to assess and document on your own. They can include:
- Physical impairment
- Disfiguring injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
Our case assessment team will handle this task for you. We will collect your written diagnosis and other documentation that supports the value of these personal losses.
Wrongful Death Compensation After a Fatal Collision
Our law firm knows that nothing can atone for the loss of your loved one. We also know a sudden and unexpected loss can wreak financial havoc on your family. When we represent you, we fight to recover the following wrongful death damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of their domestic contributions
- Loss of consortium and companionship
- Loss of guidance
You have our heartfelt condolences along with our commitment to support your pursuit of compensation. Our car accident lawyers will explain how much time your family has to take legal action. We also explain which family members can benefit from a wrongful death action.
Time is an Important Factor in Your Right to Monetary Compensation
According to CCP § 335.1, the state of California limits the time you have to file a lawsuit after a car accident. In general:
- Your personal injury lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date of the accident.
- Your wrongful death lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date of a loved one’s passing.
A variety of factors can also affect the statute of limitations. The age of the injured party can alter the filing deadline. If a government agency bears liability, you could have different notification and filing deadlines. Our legal team will work hard to file your lawsuit within the appropriate window of opportunity.
Let Greenberg Gross Prove the At-Fault Driver’s Negligence
Focus on getting better or on helping a loved one through their recovery. While you do, our car accident lawyers will start building your Palm Springs case. To avoid the costly consequences of filing your lawsuit too late, we work to prove the following elements of negligence in a timely fashion:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care.
- They breached their responsibility to you, usually by committing a traffic violation.
- Their actions caused your car accident.
- Your car accident had physical and financial consequences.
We will not tax you or your family with the complex and time-consuming process of collecting evidence. Instead, our team will investigate while you take care of yourself and your family.
Why We Build a Compelling Evidence File to Support Your Case
Most car accident cases in California are settled out of court. This usually happens when the evidence clearly indicates negligence and liability. To build the strongest possible evidence file for you, we collect:
- Car accident report that documents the accident’s causes and contributing factors
- Medical records and bills that prove the cause, extent, and costs of your injuries
- Employment and salary history records that prove the value of your lost wages
- Accident scene and injury photos and videos
- Statements from lay and expert witnesses, including accident reconstruction reports
Leave the settlement negotiation process to us. We handle everything from fielding offers to guiding you toward making a well-informed financial decision.
Call for a No-Cost Review of Your Car Accident Case
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, our law firm will help you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver. We are your advocate from your initial case review until your case is resolved.
Contact one of our Greenberg Gross team members today and find out how hard our car accident lawyers fight for the rights of our Palm Springs clients.