Claire-Lise Y. Kutlay
Claire-Lise Kutlay is an experienced litigator who focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes, business litigation matters, labor and employment litigation, and representing survivors of sexual assault. Ms. Kutlay has successfully represented high-profile clients and examined key fact witnesses at trial; taken depositions of fact witnesses; briefed and prepared arguments in connection with a variety of motions and trial briefs; and prepared fact and expert witnesses for trial.
Ms. Kutlay received her law degree at the University of California, Irvine School of Law, where she participated in the Experian/Jones Day Moot Court. Prior to law school, Ms. Kutlay worked as a behavioral safety trainer in the United Arab Emirates. Ms. Kutlay received her undergraduate degree in commerce at the University of Victoria, where she made the Dean’s List.
- Lead associate on two-week trial and obtained a seven-figure jury verdict for plaintiff in a whistleblower/wrongful termination lawsuit and a multi-million dollar attorneys’ fee award. The verdict was recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the top plaintiff verdicts of 2018.
- Obtained defense jury verdict for defendant AmLaw 200 firm in case seeking $500 million in damages for violation of civil RICO, fraud, and other torts. The verdict was recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the top defense verdicts of 2018.
- Second-chaired trial and obtained jury verdict for plaintiff in a reformation of contract case.
- Represented Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX) employees in trade secrets misappropriation litigation against Broadcom Corporation.
Awards & Recognition
- Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2020-2022
- Top Plaintiff Verdict of 2018, Daily Journal
- Top Defense Verdict of 2018, Daily Journal
- Pro Bono Achievement Award 2013, 2015
- Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Services Certificate, 2015
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (serving on the Board of the Barristers Section)
- Member, Women Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Arab American Lawyers Association of Southern California
- Trial-Focused Advocacy
Los Angeles Lawyer | May 2022 |
- Conducting and Documenting Proper Evidence Collections
Los Angeles Lawyer | April 2020 |
- Child Sexual Assault Survivor Alexandra Zarini Denounces Allegations in Legal Response Filed by Patricia Gucci
May 2021 |
- Childhood Sexual Abuse Case Filed Against Santa Ana Unified School District
News | September 17, 2020 |
- Child Sexual Assault Lawsuit Filed Against UCLA and Conrad Mainwaring
September 2020 |
- Great-Granddaughter of Gucci Founder Files Child Sexual Assault Lawsuit Against Stepfather, Mother and Grandmother
September 2020 |
- Greenberg Gross Files Lawsuit Against Optimal Christian Academy and School Administrator Mark Mosby
May 2020 |