Santa Clarita sits between two national forests, making it a gorgeous spot for riding a bike. Hopping on a bicycle to take advantage of the famous California weather and city lanes or forest roads is energizing. Still, grim statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) indicate an uptick in fatalities since 2010 with an increase in injuries during the past couple of years after more than a decade of decline.
Apart from a helmet and maybe some padding, your body has nothing between it and the cars and trucks sharing the road. Our bicycle accident lawyers know the rights you enjoy as a rider in Santa Clarita, CA. We are your fiercest advocates. Should you suffer injury while riding, or if you have lost a loved one in an accident, please accept our sympathies and be certain that our personal injury team will fight by your side for justice as you seek the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Compensation You Could Receive After a Santa Clarita Bicycle Crash
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a bicycle accident that another person’s negligence caused, our attorneys will support you throughout the process and pursue a full and fair settlement or court-ordered award.
- A settlement is an agreement that two parties negotiate or mediate to avoid going to court.
- A judgment is issued at trial when the two parties cannot agree on a settlement outside of court. A jury will likely be involved in the court case.
Whether you receive a settlement or a judgment, you could recover economic damages, which are measurable and objective expenses from the bicycle accident in Santa Clarita:
- Medical expenses incurred from the day of the accident through to estimated future costs, such as ER visits, hospital stays, rehab, short-term or long-term care, in-home care, prescriptions, physical therapy, medical devices, and medical equipment.
- Lost income if you could not work due to your injuries and recovery period, or reduced earnings, if you could not perform work at your previous level, causing you to take a lower-paying position, or loss of future earnings if the accident left you cannot work again.
- Property damage if your bicycle or personal property were damaged and needed repairing or replacement.
- Adaptive housing or transportation, if your injuries require modifications to your home or transport for you to have appropriate use of them.
- Funeral and burial costs if you have lost a loved one in a fatal Santa Clarita bicycle accident.
The goal of recovering your compensation is to get you and your life back to how things were before the accident. That isn’t always possible when injuries are severe, or someone has died, which is why non-economic damages also play a significant part. These damages are subjective and generally not quantifiable and can include:
- Pain and suffering experienced at the time of the accident and during the initial recovery, and projected pain and suffering.
- Trauma from a disability or disfigurement.
- Anxiety and stress related to the accident and injury.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Change in the quality of life.
- Loss or change of relationships or companionship.
How Our Santa Clarita Bicycle Accident Attorney Will Help Your Case
When you’ve suffered an injury because of another’s negligence, you will typically file a compensation claim with that person’s insurance company, and if the insurance company and you agree on the amount, the claim is settled.
If no agreement is reached, you may file a civil lawsuit to recover compensation. If you work with a knowledgeable attorney from our firm, they help in many ways, such as:
- Investigate the accident at the scene, gather witness statements and available images, check road and weather conditions from the day of the accident, and review medical and police reports.
- Itemize your damages and collect evidence for your claim.
- Communicate on your behalf with the other party or parties.
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement that meets your needs.
- Prepare for trial and represent you in court if a settlement cannot be reached.
Our bicycle accident attorney will protect your rights and act as your guide and advocate in the pursuit of appropriate compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one.
At Greenberg Gross, we come to work each day to fight with everything we have to support clients who deserve our focus, empathy, and devotion. We stay in constant communication with each client and encourage them to spend their energies on recovery while we engage in the legal back-and-forth to further their pursuit of full and fair compensation.
We’re pleased to have helped our clients recover over $300 million in verdicts and settlements. Our attorneys are routinely recognized for their professionalism, including but not limited to:
- Best Lawyer, Personal Injury Litigation — Plaintiffs
- California Trailblazer, The Recorder
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Lawyer of the Year — The Best Lawyers in America
- Top 100 Lawyers in California, Daily Journal
California’s Statute of Limitations
In Santa Clarita, California, you generally have two years from the date of the bicycle accident to file a lawsuit. Time limits for cases against public entities are much shorter.
It’s important to your case to file a claim or lawsuit as soon as possible. Eyewitnesses may move or forget details if too much time passes, or physical evidence from the site of the accident could get swept away.
Our attorneys help you determine when it is appropriate to file your claim or lawsuit.
Call Greenberg Gross Today for Help After a Santa Clarita Bicycle Accident – Our Lawyers Can Help
You deserve to recover compensation from the party that caused your bicycle accident. Our bicycle accident attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, and, as always, no attorney’s fees are collected until you receive financial awards. Call our office today for a free initial consultation.