The Fight for Survivors Scholarship is awarded by Greenberg Gross to a deserving student who is passionate about advocating for victims of sexual abuse. Our law firm represents people who have survived sexual abuse and physical abuse.
The $2,500 academic scholarship is open to students pursuing any area of study at an accredited college/university or graduate school in the United States.
Fight for Survivors Scholarship: Here Are the Terms and Conditions
Everyone applying for this academic-based scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including the following:
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the U.S.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of enrollment.
- Applicants must live in the United States.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing at a higher education institution.
- Applicants must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment.
- Applicants must write an original 1,000-1,500-word essay on the scholarship essay topic provided.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is not eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Greenberg Gross
- Past recipients of the Fight for Survivors Scholarship
- Applicants who cannot or are unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Greenberg Gross if awarded a scholarship
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships; we encourage all applicants to write and submit original essays.
Our Scholarship Selection & Award Notification Process
We must receive all applications before the June 15, 2023, deadline supplied on the application page. Our scholarship committee will not consider incomplete applications or those received after the submission deadline.
A scholarship selection committee will evaluate applications. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
Due to legal reasons and the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot answer any questions about your application’s status. We also cannot provide individual notifications to non-winners.
The winners of the Fight for Survivors Scholarship will be notified via email, and an announcement will be made on Greenberg Gross’ blog as well as via a press release. The scholarship award will be mailed directly to the student’s college or university. Instructions for mailing the check will be requested at the time of the award.
The personal information you submit for the Fight for Survivors Scholarship will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties. We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the scholarship, on Greenberg Gross’ website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to allow us to use your name and image publicly.