No person should ever be forced into prostitution or sex trafficking in California, or anywhere else. Sex trafficking is not only a violation of state and federal labor laws, but an egregious violation of human rights. Unfortunately, both children and adults regularly become victims of human trafficking in this state.
At Greenberg Gross LLP, our team is dedicated to helping if you need a California sex trafficking attorney by your side. If you or a loved one is a survivor of human or sex trafficking, we will stand by your side and fight to hold the perpetrators of the trafficking accountable for their actions.
Why Trust Greenberg Gross LLP With Your Sex Trafficking Claim?
- At Greenberg Gross LLP, our sex trafficking lawyers have tried hundreds of cases in front of juries, judges, and arbitrators, and we pride ourselves in preparing every case to go to trial.
- Our team regularly handles high-stakes cases, including going up against major adversaries involved in sex trafficking.
- We take the time to get to know every client so that we can focus on meeting their goals and needs throughout their case.
- We take California sex trafficking cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
How Can a California Sex Trafficking Lawyer Help?
A California sex trafficking attorney is going to be an invaluable resource when standing up to the alleged perpetrators of these abuses. A lawyer can bring extensive resources to the case, that are needed to take on well-funded traffickers and any companies or institutions covering up the abuse. An attorney will:
- Uncover any evidence needed to prove what happened.
- Fully investigate the history of those involved, including any companies that allowed the trafficking to occur.
- Ensure that survivors are fully evaluated by trusted mental health and medical professionals.
- Enlist the assistance of financial and economic experts to help assess all injuries and damages.
- Negotiate with every party involved to help survivors receive fair compensation.
Learn more about how a California sexual abuse attorney experienced in sex trafficking claims can help you get justice by contacting the team at Greenberg Gross LLP.
What Constitutes Sex Trafficking in California?
Sex trafficking and human trafficking go hand in hand, and these criminal enterprises often thrive throughout the state of California. Unfortunately, these cases involve much more than just nefarious individuals. Businesses and other institutions often get involved in sex trafficking, either directly or indirectly.
Sex trafficking in California can involve adults as well as minors. There may be various parties that can be held liable for this trafficking. Most certainly, the individuals directly responsible for handling sex trafficking must be held accountable for their actions. This can include “pimps” or “Johns,” as well as any person who coordinates the overall efforts of the trafficking.
Additionally, businesses often play a role in sex trafficking cases in California, particularly if they turn a blind eye to trafficking occurring on their premises. Some of these businesses can include:
- Truck stops
- Personal residences
As our California sex trafficking lawyers investigate these cases, we often discover that businesses conveniently “overlook” sex trafficking that may be occurring on their premises because they benefit financially. Any company that chooses to profit from the exploitation of sex trafficking victims must be held accountable.
Contact a Sex Trafficking Attorney in California Today
Nothing is more terrifying than being at the mercy of a human or sex trafficker. At Greenberg Gross LLP, we firmly believe that any person or institution who contributes to sex trafficking should be held accountable both criminally and civilly. Our attorneys are here to help if you or a loved one is a survivor of sexual abuse, human trafficking, or sex trafficking. Let our team help ensure that the perpetrators of the trafficking and any person that helped enable their activities are held accountable for their actions. When you need a California sex trafficking lawyer, contact us as soon as possible.